Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I recently managed to roll my Titan backwards down a hill and did some major damage to the rear end. Long story short, insurance is going to pay for the left and right rear leaf springs and a new bumper.

I usually carry a 1200 lb camper in the bed fulltime. To handle the extra weight, i installed air bags, but am wondering if i should take this chance to install a heavier duty leaf spring pack. PRG has this deaver product: PRG Products

However, from what i understand, it looks like the deaver spring is merely an addition on top of the current springs (which are busted), and not a full replacement, correct? Also, i do not need the extra height that the Deavers come with.

What options do i have if i want to retain the stock height, but want to improve the load handling? No one seems to make a full on replacement for the Titan spring packs..?

·
Premium Member
21,138 Posts
The Deaver leaf springs will make your rear end squat even worse. On my old '91 Ford Ranger I replaced the OEM leaf springs with the complete Deaver replacement and good grief did it squat bad. I gained 4" of travel but put a couple hundred pounds of weight in the bed and it looked bad. The Deaver didn't make the ride any better. It was still pretty rough.

Look into the Roadmaster Active Suspension.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm, thats bad about Deaver. The Roadmaster looks like a good system, but it seems to sit on top of the existing suspension - which i am trying to avoid..

The Deaver leaf springs will make your rear end squat even worse. On my old '91 Ford Ranger I replaced the OEM leaf springs with the complete Deaver replacement and good grief did it squat bad. I gained 4" of travel but put a couple hundred pounds of weight in the bed and it looked bad. The Deaver didn't make the ride any better. It was still pretty rough.

Look into the Roadmaster Active Suspension.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Hmm, thats bad about Deaver. The Roadmaster looks like a good system, but it seems to sit on top of the existing suspension - which i am trying to avoid..
The RAS sits on top of the current leaf spring but behind the U bolts so it does not interfere with articulation, not will you lose travel or bottom out on the RAS.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts