Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In the last two weeks, my rear license plate has been literally falling off the truck. It is still screwed into what I believe are the the two brackets that hold the plate in place. I'm unsure if I have a broken bracket or if it has just worn out? I've attached a picture for reference. Luckily, the plate gets caught by the tow hitch so I don't lose it completely.

Any thoughts on what others have done to resolve this? I'm thinking of just wrapping some athletic tape on the brackets to make it a tighter fit, but I have a feeling I'll be doing that every few months, particularly when we get a lot of snow or rain.

Full disclosure: I've done a search for "rear license plate" and "rear plate bracket" and it gives me results of everything from rear view cameras, to license plate LEDs, to skid plate problems. If a thread with a discussion or even solution already exists, please send along (with my apologies for not being able to locate it myself).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
20,958 Posts
Your issue is not one I've seen before. My front license plate is less than totally secure from driving into too many snow drifts. But the back is on just fine.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Just put some nylock nuts over the threads, those wont come off.....

·
Registered
855 Posts
^^^^^^ Exactly what i was thinking.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Your issue is not one I've seen before. My front license plate is less than totally secure from driving into too many snow drifts. But the back is on just fine.
Same here. I knocked it off a couple times this winter. Fortunately, I noticed it both times before driving off. I did put a couple wraps of electrical tape (it was all I had handy at the time) around the "pins" that go into the skid plate. Once the screws were in it gave it a bit tighter fit. But I still expect it will fall off again sooner or later. Seems like a less that ideal way of mounting the front plate.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I dropped my spare and put two stainless bolts in and bolted them through (with the nylock nuts and washers on the back-side of the bumper)

Haven't had an issue since and the plate is nearly impossible to remove (steal) without dropping the tire.

I was fortunate...my plate fell off and got caught in the slot in the bumper - I drove nearly 80 miles on that trip, who knows when it actually popped out

1 - 7 of 7 Posts