Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find any specs on our stock e-locker. Does anyone know the make, model, or limitations? I'm most interested in max rpm, max h.p., max speed, max torque.
I have done the e-locker mod, so I can engage it in 2WD or 4HI. I want to make sure I don't overload it, though. I know the manual says not to drive in 4LO over 12 MPH, but I'm assuming that's because of the gearing, not the locker.
So far I think it's a GKN electronic differential locker with a four pinion design. From the research, I think it's able to be engaged on the fly as long as the tires are within 200 rpm of each other. If anyone knows any more, I'd love the info. Thanks, guys and gals.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
First it's a 2 spyder design and the mileage limit is mostly to keep drivers from playing Rally Truck at speed...

How much HP & Torque can it take?.....About 317 HP and 385 lb/ft....:eyebrow:

Speed to engage?.....You theory sounds about right...:)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just emailed the manufacturer of the E-locker. I'll post their reply, if any.

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
hhhmmmm... why the technical questions about the OEM locker? ...so what's the "project" you're working on??? share with us so we can also get excited... I know I have done the E-lock mod and ran it between Barstow and Primm, engaging and disengaging it over 50 mph with no issues, and cruised with it locked 70-75 mph with no issues either... now I need to do the anti-ABS mod so I can eliminate the fricken skipping and sliding when trying to slow down, especially when coming up to sweeping turns since my 4X4 T is soooo heavy... I ran over a couple of trail markers during the romp through the desert since I couldn't get my T to slow down enough before turns because of the stupid ABS engaging...

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
yes share some info because i would like to make the truck an lsd like the TT but with less $ spend..

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh, no project, DRTYAZN. I just want to know how it works and how much abuse it can take.
I also did the e-locker mod awhile ago, and have always wondered if I was overdoing it. I can't afford to blow up my rear end just because I was uninformed.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
h, no project, DRTYAZN. I just want to know how it works and how much abuse it can take.
I also did the e-locker mod awhile ago, and have always wondered if I was overdoing it. I can't afford to blow up my rear end just because I was uninformed.
I think the E-Locker itself is plenty strong...But it still has the same spyder gears that have been the weak link....

It's a crap shoot...some guys tow heavy and drive hard and no rear end issues, while others have had multiple failures...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got a reply from GKN today. They say they are bound by confidentiality, and cannot give any info of the locker. All he could tell me is the axle shafts should snap before the locker breaks. Not the answer I was hoping for, but it helps. The info I've gotten from this site was more help, though. Sounds like you can engage it up to 70 to 80 MPH, and it can handle power braking. I will try a few drag launches on it, and see if it holds up. It sure would help my 0-60 time. All I get now is tire spin if I don't feather the throttle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts