Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 04 2wd titan i would like to lift and put a full locker in but can't seem to find any info on one at all . any help would be great along with the best 4" lift .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,182 Posts
Currently only a Detroit Locker brand True-trac (Limited Slip Differential), is available.

Best 4 inch lift for a 2wd, (only), is the PRG spindle lift, then add some of his aftermarket coilovers such as the SAWs. This would be a combination of the first two packages on the page, (click on the link in my sig).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NorCal 4x4 said:
Currently only a Detroit Locker brand True-trac (Limited Slip Differential), is available.

Best 4 inch lift for a 2wd, (only), is the PRG spindle lift, then add some of his aftermarket coilovers such as the SAWs. This would be a combination of the first two packages on the page, (click on the link in my sig).
do you have a link for the true trac?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
561 Posts
titanx2, you have a P.M.

Welcome to T.T. btw...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
another question guy's how tall a tire can i get with a 4" lift 305's ?
Also what about wheels my thought was switching down to 17's so i would have more sidewall for more bump absorbing effect.
I do alot of wheeling in my 87 full size blazer,it sits on
39's and has a rear locker and i can do 90 to 95 % of the 4wheeling in 2wheel drive .It just takes a little more speed ,the only time i need 4wheel drive is in extreme places where (lots of rocks)you have to go slow and crawl out.Point being i'm seting the titan up for the dry lakebeds and stuff like that where your carring a lot of speed and alot of bumpimg and bounceing around .So i thought more sidewall would be better.I was interested in what you guy's were running .I was also interested in a brake up grade ,i looked at a set from AP raceing but they would require a
20" wheel . Are any of you running 20" wheel with the 4" lift how much sidewall do you have?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,579 Posts
titanx2 said:
another question guy's how tall a tire can i get with a 4" lift 305's ?
Also what about wheels my thought was switching down to 17's so i would have more sidewall for more bump absorbing effect.
I do alot of wheeling in my 87 full size blazer,it sits on
39's and has a rear locker and i can do 90 to 95 % of the 4wheeling in 2wheel drive .It just takes a little more speed ,the only time i need 4wheel drive is in extreme places where (lots of rocks)you have to go slow and crawl out.Point being i'm seting the titan up for the dry lakebeds and stuff like that where your carring a lot of speed and alot of bumpimg and bounceing around .So i thought more sidewall would be better.I was interested in what you guy's were running .I was also interested in a brake up grade ,i looked at a set from AP raceing but they would require a
20" wheel . Are any of you running 20" wheel with the 4" lift how much sidewall do you have?
uhhhh? you want somebody to write a book for you? do a little searching on this site and you'll find ALL your answers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
561 Posts
Dookie said:
Best place to buy the TrueTrac? Phone number ? thanks,
Dookie, you also have a P.M. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jasonmotox said:
uhhhh? you want somebody to write a book for you? do a little searching on this site and you'll find ALL your answers.
Typical you can find time for a smartass reply ,but not a constructive one.I don't have time to TROLL around all day so a simple answer would be nice , or just don't reply at all...:thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,373 Posts
another question guy's how tall a tire can i get with a 4" lift 305's ?
Also what about wheels my thought was switching down to 17's so i would have more sidewall for more bump absorbing effect.
I do alot of wheeling in my 87 full size blazer,it sits on
39's and has a rear locker and i can do 90 to 95 % of the 4wheeling in 2wheel drive .It just takes a little more speed ,the only time i need 4wheel drive is in extreme places where (lots of rocks)you have to go slow and crawl out.Point being i'm seting the titan up for the dry lakebeds and stuff like that where your carring a lot of speed and alot of bumpimg and bounceing around .So i thought more sidewall would be better.I was interested in what you guy's were running .I was also interested in a brake up grade ,i looked at a set from AP raceing but they would require a
20" wheel . Are any of you running 20" wheel with the 4" lift how much sidewall do you have?
A lot of guys who really want to off-road switched to 17" wheels (me included) for more sidewall, but running 20" is going in the wrong direction. I don't know how much brake you can stuff into a 17" wheel set-up, but i would get bigger wheel just to get more brakes that way.
Beside I personally HATE the wagon wheel look...
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top