Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Nissan Titan SE CC
The truck has a front spindle lift (not sure how high since I purchased the truck as is).

I've been going through a process of elimination in finding out 2 different noises coming from the rear suspension. I figured 1 of them out. I lubricated the leaf springs and it got rid of the squeak problem i was having.

The 2nd problem I still have is when I Accelerate/Brake i get this weird noise coming from the rear. I first used White Lithium Lube and sprayed it on the shackles and problem solved for 1 1/2 weeks. I sprayed it again and again and as it comes back, the lube doesn't seem to fix it as much anymore. The noise is hard to describe. I took it to a shop and they identified the problem coming from the leaf springs but unfortunately they don't do that type of work there.

Does anyone have any idea why it makes that weird noise when i accelerate or brake? Again, its only the right rear springs.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
If they are oem 2004-2006 shackles they are weak and prone to unroll, so you can't go wrong by replacing them with 2008+ oem or PRG shackles. Obviously you would grease them up prior to install.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As far as i know they are OEM 06', but is there any way to double check?

And would i need to replace the leaf springs as well or just the shackles?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll call a local shop and see if they can install them. Looking at the Shackles they seem to be in good shape and couldn't find anything wrong with them other then that noise they make when not lubed.

Is it recommended to have a shop install the shackles or is it something anyone with common sense can do?

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
I'll call a local shop and see if they can install them. Looking at the Shackles they seem to be in good shape and couldn't find anything wrong with them other then that noise they make when not lubed.

Is it recommended to have a shop install the shackles or is it something anyone with common sense can do?
Common sense, metric tools, floor jack, jack stands suffice to install shackles. There are how to threads if you search. If you have a shop work on the springs, they could probably reinforce the shackles by welding pretty easily. The crappy welds are obvious when you look at where the metal wraps around the bushing.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Shackles seem to be in good condition plus I've never towed anything. I think i will start by taking them off and lubing it with Mobile 1 Grease and hopefully it'll be fine.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Shackles seem to be in good condition plus I've never towed anything. I think i will start by taking them off and lubing it with Mobile 1 Grease and hopefully it'll be fine.
For $50 you can replace the OEM shackles with a pair of 08+ OEM shackles. The old design shackles will fail, it's just a matter of time.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For $50 you can replace the OEM shackles with a pair of 08+ OEM shackles. The old design shackles will fail, it's just a matter of time.
Good to know. Where can i purchase them?

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Good to know. Where can i purchase them?
Cut and paste:

Genuine Nissan Part# for the updated shackles is 55220-ZR00B, and yes they come with the bushings pre installed.
If you want new bolts and nuts, 55080-7S210 (Bolt) - 08918-6441A (Nut)

Just browse the online Nissan OEM parts stores and you'll find them for under $50.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cut and paste:

Genuine Nissan Part# for the updated shackles is 55220-ZR00B, and yes they come with the bushings pre installed.
If you want new bolts and nuts, 55080-7S210 (Bolt) - 08918-6441A (Nut)

Just browse the online Nissan OEM parts stores and you'll find them for under $50.
Thanks for the info. I really appreciated.

I called Nissan just to check how much the shackles cost and the guy said it was $267.00. I told him they were around $24.97 on their website. Unfortunately it seemed like he was describing more then the shackle alone. He said a price of $24.97 for anything in the rear suspension makes no sense. Not too happy with him.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Better come with booze & hooker for that.

Part Detail
That's what i said. I'm sure it was the wrong part he was looking up because he was explaining that a shackle is a large part.

Anyways wanted to say thanks to you guys for helping me out. I ordered the parts online and found a very good suspension shop that will install them for $80.00

They've worked on Jay Leno's Cars and Bonnie & Clydes vehicle as well.

Deaver Suspension

1 - 14 of 14 Posts