Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got an 08 Pro 4X King Cab 2 months ago. Had a couple people in the back seat, no trouble. Now when someone sits back there the seatbelts go to full tight and won't loosen until they are off. I read about the child lock on this forum and in the book but not sure how it gets released where you can use the belts normally again. I know, probably a dumb question! But neither 1 of us can figure it out!

Thanks!

Linda
Borrego Springs, CA

08 Pro 4X, 92 Jeep Cherokee, 06 Acura RSXS

·
Registered
173 Posts
See section 1-34 thru 1-36 in your owner's manual. It explains how you set ALR(automatic locking retractor) and ELR(emergency locking retractor)

·
Registered
1 Posts
For all of you with angry seat belts in Titans I think I accidentally discovered the solution. On my Titan the seat belt only engages the locking mode (identified by a ratcheting sound) after the belt is FULLY extended. If the belts are pulled out partially (short of a full extension) they will move in and out with me as I lean forward and back.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Or you can rock like I do with no belt at all!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Or you can rock like I do with no belt at all!
Yeah, I was foolish like this up until April of '07.

I was in a rollover accident in my first Titan and was lucky to come out alive and relatively uninjured. By all accounts, I should/could have fared a LOT worse.

Please consider wearing your seatbelt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts