Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As my truck is approaching the end of its extended warranty I decided to have the dealer look things over to see what I could milk out of them before I had to pay for it. They said 1 of the rear shocks was leaking and were willing to replace it but not the other 1 with almost 50k on them it is in my opinion a waist to replace just 1 not to mention the fact that you are supposed to replace shocks in pairs last time I checked. Any ideas on getting them to replace the other 1 as well.

I have also tried to get them to look into another problem my truck seems to make an odd crunching clunking noise when I am pulling into parking lots that have a bit of an incline it is not just a noise it is also something that can be felt pretty much the only time it does it it when I am turning and climbing at the same time. The tech seemed to think that the rear end was on it's way out does that sound right?

I just do not want to wait any longer since it will all be out of my pocket in the near future.

Some random info 05 king cab SE with just under 50k

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Your lucky they are replacing the shock. That is a wear and tear item that they are taking care of for you out of the kindness of their heart. I would buy some aftermarket bilsteins and see if the dealer will install free of charge if you buy the shocks. That might fix your clunking sound too. I would replace both if it were me, even if you have to buy one shock.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are only replacing it because it is leaking. I was about to buy a set of bilsteins when they offered.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Yea leaking or not they dont have to hook you up. Sounds like you might have a decent dealer. Just upgrade to billsteins and enjoy the ride.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts