Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am looking at doing a 6" Rough Country lift soon and think im going to leave my bilsteins on the top setting. I'll get some PRG C-10 Deavers for an extra 2.5"s in the back to get it to sit level it.. since it will be nose high with the extra 2.5"s in the front. I did notice PRG doesnt have the bilstein 5125's for more than 6"s of lift on his site... does he offer them? Or would the rear shocks that come with the RCX lift be enough? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
107 Posts
i didnt think you could set the 5100s at top setting when paired with a bracket lift by that i mean advisable to do so not physicaly able to do so..

·
Registered
984 Posts
For the front you'll need UCAs as well. Being a 4x4 you'll be sitting around 46" in the front with the 5100s, and very possibly more. With that much lift your rear will only be around 45" max. I say this because my rear sits at 42.5" with 35's and the block that came with the kit.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont know that ill need UCA's... correct me if im wrong, but the Bilsteins just add preload and there isnt any more coil bucket contact than if they were set at 0. Most of the 4x4 guys i know and talk to that have this kit with stock suspension set up are sitting around 44- 45"s front and rear. Add the Bilsteins on top notch puts it up around 47.5.

PRG notes on his website that the C-10 deavers add 2.5"s of lift for the 4x4 and typically longer shocks are required... so didnt know if the RCX's rear shocks would still be ok with the added leafs or not.

·
Registered
984 Posts
That's weird because when I put my 5100s on middle notch with 4x4 coils the uca rested on the backside of the cb. Even grinding the lip I still didn't have a snowballs chance in h3ll. Either way, I ordered RC UCAs and should get them soon. If the stockers work for you cheers.

As far as the rear shocks go you may be able to squeeze them on temporarily but I doubt they were designed for that much more lift.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmm interesting... i guess it all depends how tall the RCX up rights / spindles are. I would think they would be tall enough to where the UCA and LCA sit at the angle they do stock. If thats the case i dont see why adding the Bilsteins would cause coil bucket contact? If you dont have contact on the highest setting with everything else being stock, why would a bracket lift change that? Arnt these lifts designed to keep everything at a close to stock (safe CV, UCA, LCA) angle? Someone help me understand if im mistaken?

And yeah that was basically my question since i didnt think the RCX's would handle that much lift. Where can i get some rear shocks for more then 6"s of lift. I would like to get the Bilsteins through PRG since he modifies the ends to fit better... but he doesnt have them listed on his website for more then 6" of lift.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Greg built a custom lenght rear radflo shock for me, give him a call

1 - 7 of 7 Posts