Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im pretty new to this forum but im deffinately liking it so far..
just had a question if any of you guys have had the latch for the sliding rear window break? mine has no spring tension anymore so it doesnt stay latched and so far ive had zero luck finding a place to buy a replacement.

Thanks, NICK

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have never had mine break or not work but this may help you. It is pretty easy to break into a rear slider so I cut a small piece of household molding and stuck it in the window track. Even if the window is not 100% locked it would be very hard for someone to break into my truck. The piece of wood works like a 2X4 when people put them in sliding glass doors. This may work for you. It really will not cost much and, since it fits into the window track, it does not make your truck look bad. Hope this helps!:cheers:

·
Vendor
32,925 Posts
maul23e said:
I have never had mine break or not work but this may help you. It is pretty easy to break into a rear slider so I cut a small piece of household molding and stuck it in the window track. Even if the window is not 100% locked it would be very hard for someone to break into my truck. The piece of wood works like a 2X4 when people put them in sliding glass doors. This may work for you. It really will not cost much and, since it fits into the window track, it does not make your truck look bad. Hope this helps!:cheers:

or you get one of those paint stirrers from a Hardware Store.

I hardly use mine so I dont know what to tell ya

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i dont plan on using mine either, theres just alot of stuff id like to keep and not have stolen :)
haha

ill most likely just buy a new latch as well as put something between the slider and window frame.

Thanks..

NICK

·
Registered
109 Posts
mine recently lost its spring also. dealer ordered the replacement latch.when it came the service guy realized that the latch doesnt come with the spring. the only way to get the spring is to order the window. dont know if its the entire window or just the sliding part.good luck finding it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts