Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replacing the stock rear speakers in my KC right now and there is a red wire with a blue tracer that I am assuming is the positive and a orange wire with a green tracer that I am assuming is the negative but with the Japanese folks that built the truck I wasn't sure. Anybody know for sure?

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Aaannnyway...

take a look at the stock speaker where it hooks up. Does is have a + or red dot by one of the terminals? Is one of the terminals wider than the other? That will be the positive terminal on that speaker. Hopefully there is a way for you to determine which wire originally went to what terminal so you can solve the puzzle. Otherwise, you will have to find the wiring diagram for the audio to figure it out.

Reactions: rynomx785

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aaannnyway...

take a look at the stock speaker where it hooks up. Does is have a + or red dot by one of the terminals? Is one of the terminals wider than the other? That will be the positive terminal on that speaker. Hopefully there is a way for you to determine which wire originally went to what terminal so you can solve the puzzle. Otherwise, you will have to find the wiring diagram for the audio to figure it out.
It has a 2 prong plug on it from the factory and I didn't see a + or - any where. Thanks for staying focused on the actual question though! :)

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Reactions: rynomx785

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The passenger side had a red with a blue tracer and a orange with a blue tracer. The driver side had a black and a blue (can't remember the tracer colors). It doesn't look like that matches up with the diagram in the thread you posted the link to. I have them hooked up already and they seem to be working fine. I used the red as + on the passenger side and the blue as + on the driver side. What's going to happen if I do have one flopped?

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
I don't have the table that shows the 'shorthand' for the wire colors. If I had to guess, for the right rear (rear pass) looks like it's saying Orange/Blue for + and Red/Blue for -; for the left (driver) it's something (S) and black for + and Black/Yellow for -. If they are reversed, you will have less bass response from the speakers. What are they, 6 1/2" ?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Uhh, Japanese engineers picked the wire the colors. In Japan to be exact.
You said "Built", not designed, and Larry Dominique designed the Titan. He's French, not Asian. He designed it in Canada to be exact.

I'll stop being an *** now. Here you go;

Car Radio Battery Constant 12v+ Wire: Yellow
Car Radio Accessory Switched 12v+ Wire: Violet
Car Radio Ground Wire: Chassis
Car Radio Illumination Wire: Red/Blue
Car Stereo Dimmer Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Antenna Trigger Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Amp Trigger Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Amplifier Location: Under the Driver Side Dash Near the Gas Pedal.
Car Audio Front Speakers Size: N/A
Car Audio Front Speakers Location: N/A
Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Blue/White
Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Blue/Red
Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): White/Black
Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Blue/Black
Car Audio Rear Speakers Size: N/A
Car Audio Rear Speakers Location: N/A
Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Light Blue
Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Black/Yellow
Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Orange/Blue
Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Red/Blue

You seem to have mis-wired yours, I'd go back in and change it. If they are reversed the speaker will be out of phaze as yours seem to be.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thanks.

I really don't want to take the damn door panel off again.......:bangit:
I hear ya. Not that it's hard, but the more times you take it off the more chance you have of breaking/losing those damn snap clips....

·
Registered
74 Posts
Do you know if the colors are the same for the 04?

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
My 05 KC rear speakers:

Left +: Sky Blue
Left -: Black and Yellow

Right +: Orange and Blue
Right -: Red and Blue

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thanks. I couldn't imagine there being a difference b/n the 04 & 05.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts