Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forums here. Thanks for having me. The passenger side rear suspension shackle of my 2004 Titan SE (Crew) has either rusted loose or split a bad weld and smashed through my bed. Wouldn't seem like something that should happen <60K miles. I'm out of warranty but trying to harass Nissan in to taking care of me...

Has anyone seen this before?

·
Registered
14,135 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
do a search there are a bunch of people this has happen to.good luck getting nissan to repair it,happen to mine a couple of weeks ago and when i called the 800 number they stated that they have never heard of this happen before and they have never had any complaints

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
This will more than likely happen to all 04-07 Titans. It's just a matter of time.

·
Registered
103 Posts
If you can't get Nissan to cover the costs replace it with the 08+ or the PRG shackles. Sorry to hear about that man. I saw a previous thread about that problem and replaced mine to prevent that from happening.

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
Welcome to TT good luck with Nissan.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you can't get Nissan to cover the costs replace it with the 08+ or the PRG shackles. Sorry to hear about that man. I saw a previous thread about that problem and replaced mine to prevent that from happening.
Oh cool. doubtful Nissan will hook me I'm sure I will need to come out of pocket and replace this one and the driver side before that goes. will look in to these 08+ or PRG.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yeah honestly its a pretty cheap part and an easy install. I know most people will tell you to just go with the 08+ shackle but I went with the PRG set and I am happy with my purchase. They are beefy and overbuilt and in my opinion its always better to replace a broken stock part with a well made aftermarket part.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts