Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Minor annoyance:

Has anyone noticed the radio display reflects in the back window as you look out the rearview mirror? You have to turn the display all the way off to make it go away. I have the LE KC, and don't know if it is that mirror that makes the difference. I can easily live with it.

PS I also just noticed a small LED type light that stays on and shines down just above the rearview mirror. Anyone know its purpose?

·
Registered
330 Posts
One test site I observed noticed this same thing and I have as well in my Crew cab.. They still however picked Titan hands down over the other trucks tested and I have gotten used to the display.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
If you are tall, like I am, you will be at an angle to get some reflections in the windshield during daylight hours. These reflections are from the curved portions of the top part of the dash and are caused by the angle of the windshield being swept back much more than other trucks. The reflections might bother some new owners at first but after a couple of weeks they "go away".

·
Registered
50 Posts
joeandmaria said:
Minor annoyance:

Has anyone noticed the radio display reflects in the back window as you look out the rearview mirror? You have to turn the display all the way off to make it go away. I have the LE KC, and don't know if it is that mirror that makes the difference. I can easily live with it.

PS I also just noticed a small LED type light that stays on and shines down just above the rearview mirror. Anyone know its purpose?
The only thing I noticed on one of the test drives was that the model with the Navigation screen was difficult to read on a sunny day. Radio & number displays show up there when you aren't mapping...and they were really hard to read in the sunlight.

·
Registered
147 Posts
joeandmaria said:
Minor annoyance:

That LED light is just a cabin light that always stays on. It allows you to see inside at night. It's brightens and dims with the interior lights.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
I've noticed it on every truck I've owned. From Reg cab (worse) to Crew Cab (Best, but still there).

·
Registered
10 Posts
That yellow reflection on the rear window is coming from the passenger air bag light that is angled slightly upwards...at night when there is no passenger and you see that relection...place your thumb over the light and viola...gone

·
Banned
67 Posts
I think any vehicle with a verticle rear window would do the same. I never noticed it until I read about it here and I bet it's only noticable because of the orange color. Doesn't bother me a bit.
adjust your mirror or seat height. That may help.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
If you've got the mirror or your seat adjusted right you can't see the reflection of the radio. If I start slouching in my seat then the reflection shows up in the upper section of the mirror. If I am sitting properly, even reclined, with the mirror adjusted, I can't see the reflection at all.

Also, if you click the interior light rotary dial to just under the 'maximum' level, the reflection almost completely disappears even if you can see it.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
So far....my Titan Towel rules!

1- The radio needs its own dimmer switch...and one of its own buttons could do this.
2- If the radio was angled down about 2° it would never be an issue and would not even need the dimmer.
3- When parking....I mean with my babe...and when the radio only is on...it is way too bright.
4- I can make it all go away by putting a small grey towel on the center dash..my Titan-Towel..for days when all those reflections are just too much!!! :cheers: Bass Ale :cheers:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Yeah, I noticed it right away. It's annoying, so I dimmed my dash lights and now I don't even notice.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Put a small piece of window tint over the radio light and it almost gone in the mirror. Works just like a dimmer switch.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Show us the way!!!

Herbpov said:
Put a small piece of window tint over the radio light and it almost gone in the mirror. Works just like a dimmer switch.
Good idea.....have you done this yet??? If so...please show us the way!!!
Peace-Tom :cheers: Bass Ale :cheers:

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Cut a piece and wet the back of it alittle and it should stay in place. I didn't do it but I know someone that did. Reflection not an issue with me. Should be able to remove it easily if you dont like it. He got a scrap piece at a tint shop. They might have even put it on for him.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
If you can find a small piece just cut it to fit and hold it in place and see if it will work for you. I think they just moisten the back of the tint and then squeeze the moisture out when they put it in place.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I put a towel over the dash because of the RF glow when watching a DVD in the back. My life is so hard!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts