Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to figure out what gear ratio I have.... 2004 crewcab offroad pkg.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
559 Posts
There should be a sticker on the side of the differential that states the ratio. With offroad package, should be 3.36 gears, I believe.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
If your sticker is missing, get on the interstate, and run at 70mph. If you're turning around 2,000rpm, you have 3.36 gears. If you're turning around 1750rpm, you have the 2.94 gears.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Chock your front wheels (preferably on a level surface), jack up one rear wheel, transmission in neutral, parking brake off, mark a spot on the driveshaft with a pen or tape, mark the lifted rear wheel with a pen or tape: Rotate the rear wheel exactly 1 full revolution, counting the number of driveshaft revolutions as you go. When done you have your number. 3.36 gears means the driveshaft rotated 3.36 times while your rotated the rear wheel exactly one full revolution.

I'm "pretty sure" I have this correct anyway :rollingsm

·
Registered
8,173 Posts
Chock your front wheels (preferably on a level surface), jack up one rear wheel, transmission in neutral, parking brake off, mark a spot on the driveshaft with a pen or tape, mark the lifted rear wheel with a pen or tape: Rotate the rear wheel exactly 1 full revolution, counting the number of driveshaft revolutions as you go. When done you have your number. 3.36 gears means the driveshaft rotated 3.36 times while your rotated the rear wheel exactly one full revolution.

I'm "pretty sure" I have this correct anyway :rollingsm
Dude....hit the highway, sooooo much easier...1700 RPM or 2k it will tell you.

·
Registered
8,173 Posts
There you go, 3.36...

·
Registered
559 Posts
The Titan rear axle is the M226, which is a modified Dana 44 design, made by Dana for Nissan. It's sometimes referred to as the M226/Dana44 by parts guys. It is not quite the same as a Dana 44. The most obvious external difference is the 12-bolt differential cover vs the 10-bolt for the standard Dana 44.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts