Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well me and fsueric had discussed Rear view camera placement. I had tried several different cameras and today i have found the best.. Kenwood by far makes the best camera for the Titan. Installation is simple and you do not have to drill a huge hole in your bumber like other cameras. This was simple. All did was mount the camera to the top of the trailer hitch and 3 people looked at the back of the truck and could not find the camera untill i pointed it out.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I did something similar with my camera. I just made a bracket out of some alumimum angle and mounted it directly above the hitch receiver. Works very well in that position.

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
Nice and hidden for sure. How much did you pay for your kenwood? I paid $240 for mine and it was probably to much. I think yours is a little different though. Mine is a CCD 900. WHat is yours? I kind of did the same thing. But I tried it on the hitch and it was to low in the monitor. The ball blocked the view. I know its not a Titan but it is almost the same set up. It is an awesome camera and by far, after the many I have tested, was the best one. My monitor has two inputs so I have a camera on the TT too and can switch between the two.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Helinut1970 said:
Nice and hidden for sure. How much did you pay for your kenwood? I paid $240 for mine and it was probably to much. I think yours is a little different though. Mine is a CCD 900. WHat is yours? I kind of did the same thing. But I tried it on the hitch and it was to low in the monitor. The ball blocked the view. I know its not a Titan but it is almost the same set up. I have a Kenwood too and it is an awesome camera and by far, after the many I have tested, was the best one. My monitor has two inputs so I have a camera on the TT too and can switch between the two.
I actually sell them for 200 shipped .

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
tech12volt said:
I actually sell them for 200 shipped .
Bummer, what model?

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Helinut1970 said:
Bummer, what model?
the kenwood CCD-2000
Im sure they can be found even cheaper from some audio whores on the ineternet. Cool intsall on the cheby.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Looks like you got ripped off on your camera and your truck Heli-slut! :)

JK! man!

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have mine wired into the nav system. However, you need a video switch to interface with the display. My unit switches to the backup camera when I shift into reverse. It also has a second unit for another video source (i.e. DVD). These switches cost anywhere from $250 and up. If I remember correctly, my entire setup cost me around $350 for the camera, video switch, cables, and wires.

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
dss90c said:
I have mine wired into the nav system. However, you need a video switch to interface with the display. My unit switches to the backup camera when I shift into reverse. It also has a second unit for another video source (i.e. DVD). These switches cost anywhere from $250 and up. If I remember correctly, my entire setup cost me around $350 for the camera, video switch, cables, and wires.
Yeah $250 and up for sure $375 for mine. So I opted for a 5.6 screen with 2 video inputs.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Good topic. I had heard of a recently report that hundreds of children are injured each year and fifty are killed by SUVs with poor rearward visibility.

How good is the field of view and the night vision capability?

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
ruauman2 said:
Good topic. I had heard of a recently report that hundreds of children are injured each year and fifty are killed by SUVs with poor rearward visibility.

How good is the field of view and the night vision capability?
Its a fish eye lens and it has a 120 deg. horozontal view and a 80 deg. vertical. There is no IR on it so you would need the light from the reverse lights.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Are most of you buying separate monitors in addition to the camera, or do the cameras come with some sort of monitor, or do most of you have NAV systems/DVD Players/Head units with screens already?

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ZeroPt99 said:
Are most of you buying separate monitors in addition to the camera, or do the cameras come with some sort of monitor, or do most of you have NAV systems/DVD Players/Head units with screens already?
the one i installed here is run to a kenwood 7100 and works great . the view is awesome if run over anything you should not be driving with camera.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Helinut1970 said:
Its a fish eye lens and it has a 120 deg. horozontal view and a 80 deg. vertical. There is no IR on it so you would need the light from the reverse lights.
The camera I installed does have IR - and it has pretty good vision at night. Now that I installed additional back up lights, it is much better.

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
dss90c said:
The camera I installed does have IR - and it has pretty good vision at night. Now that I installed additional back up lights, it is much better.
The camera on my TT that I hook up has IR on it too but the one on the truck does not. But the rev. lights do a great job at night anyways.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I mounted mine in the exact same location with 3M double-sided tape last November....works great and I can still drive through the automatic car washes here in AK. Its a plus since the road grime and cold here requires quite a few trips through them a year.

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
FreezyTitan said:
I mounted mine in the exact same location with 3M double-sided tape last November....works great and I can still drive through the automatic car washes here in AK. Its a plus since the road grime and cold here requires quite a few trips through them a year.
I would like some pics of you vehicle for my website. Sweet ride.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Helinut1970 said:
The camera on my TT that I hook up has IR on it too but the one on the truck does not. But the rev. lights do a great job at night anyways.
So how do you interface? Just a quick disconnect or an a/b switch? I am thinking of doing the same thing for my TT and was contemplating how I was going to do it.

When I re-mount my camera it will be in the location just like you put it.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have an 08 LE CC without the Nav. If i get a camera where or how could
i put the monitor? And what kind of monitor should it get? I have a Nuvi 360
could you tie into that?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts