Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some believe the interior AC/HC knobs are ugly or look cheap. Here is an explanation from Nissan (http://www.car-data.com/xpage.preview/pre.template.asp?mfg=nissan&model=titan):

"The interior is designed to be spacious and accommodating, while also highly usable. "We wanted the Titan's interior to feel big, assertive and organized, combining big, open spaces with smaller, private places for the owners’ everyday stuff," said Semple. "Even the door handles, knobs and assist grips are unique, full-size truck scale parts, designed to be used with work gloves on – rather than just pulling sedan knobs and handles out of the parts inventory."

Doesn't make them look any better, but at least explains the thinking. BTW, speaking of the interior, have you seen the custom shifter knob? Take a look:
http://www.brandsport.com/obxcoshkn.html

·
Registered
35 Posts
I like the knobs and I think their placement is good. I also like the rotary style better than my Toyota's sliders. I find I can adjust the climate w/o having to do a visual search for the controls. A definite plus in rush hour traffic.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I like the Titan very much, and have every intention of getting an '05, but that quote is just marketing speak, lots of words, but not much beef.

The control knobs look fine, but they are wobbly and do not feel like they belong in such a great truck. If you think they feel fine, then that is great, but as an automotive enthusiast of several premium automobiles, they feel cheap to me. I also suspect the electric window switches could have been located on the side, not the top surface of the door panel. I already know mine will be dumped full of snow more than once, I sure hope those electrical connections are designed to work under water...

·
Registered
105 Posts
knobs

I think the knobs are great...the only problem I have with them is the little light is hard to tell if it's on or off....not bright enough....oh well...a few things i am willing to give up for what the whole truck offers....i washed my truck this weekend and noticed the top sheet metal to be very flexible....very thin?.....just a few items that were probably cut back some to help offset some of the other costs. just my $ .02

·
Registered
53 Posts
I noticed the same thing about the sheet metal. I dented my driver's door the first day I had it. My Titan was parked in the garage next to my wife's Tahoe. I opened the door very slowly until it touched the passenger side mirror (plastic) of the Tahoe. I then proceeded to get out of the vehicle. In doing so, I had to put some pressure (too much apparently) on the door to squeeze out of the opening. This caused a very small dent (about 1/4" long) next to the door handle. I didn't notice it until the next day at work when the sunlight revealed it.

It won't happen again, in MY garage, as I usually roll down my window and fold the Tahoe's mirror in. I fold it out the next morning when I leave. Just some of the pains of parking 2 BIG vehicles in a garage.

David

kurtdb1 said:
I think the knobs are great...the only problem I have with them is the little light is hard to tell if it's on or off....not bright enough....oh well...a few things i am willing to give up for what the whole truck offers....i washed my truck this weekend and noticed the top sheet metal to be very flexible....very thin?.....just a few items that were probably cut back some to help offset some of the other costs. just my $ .02

·
Registered
105 Posts
superdave said:
I noticed the same thing about the sheet metal. I dented my driver's door the first day I had it. My Titan was parked in the garage next to my wife's Tahoe. I opened the door very slowly until it touched the passenger side mirror (plastic) of the Tahoe. I then proceeded to get out of the vehicle. In doing so, I had to put some pressure (too much apparently) on the door to squeeze out of the opening. This caused a very small dent (about 1/4" long) next to the door handle. I didn't notice it until the next day at work when the sunlight revealed it.

It won't happen again, in MY garage, as I usually roll down my window and fold the Tahoe's mirror in. I fold it out the next morning when I leave. Just some of the pains of parking 2 BIG vehicles in a garage.

David
WOW...i wished I could park any car in my garage....GO FIGURE...in my garage are mountain bikes and Dirt Bikes....all worth far less than my truck or wifes car...all have dirt all over them from last ride and yet "they must stay in the garage and not be stored in the elements" good thing my priorities are straight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts