Nissan Titan Forum banner

Reasonable price for a first generation topper used

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  dkmura 
#1 ·
Hey guys been shopping for a while for a used topper for my king cab. Wedges or high roofs are almost non existent. What would you consider as a good price for a color matched are v series?

#2 ·
Titan toppers are relatively rare, so I have no idea what an ARE color matched topper would cost or where you might find one. Most of us with wedge style toppers have simply modded them from their original use on a Chevy or Ford. Mine was $115 on Denver Craigslist with terrible white gelcoat and broken windows.

#3 ·
New toppers are pricey. I don't know why anyone would let a used one go for cheap unless they just really wanted to get rid of it.

#8 ·

Not sure when Leer began production of these wedgy shells. Late 80's, early 90's? They stopped production in the early 2000s.

BTW- if this shell is for business, than you can use it for tax purposes, can't you? That should moderate the cost of the shell and painting it, as long as you keep documentation. The chances of finding a good, used shell painted in your particular OEM color are extremely thin.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.