Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been 1.5 years since I got my saws and it's definitely time for a rebuild. I emailed sway away and they never got back to me. What exactly are my options here and how long should I expect to be without my truck if I have to ship them out? I have zero experience with taking apart shocks so I would be iffy to do it myself. If anyone has done this themselves can you chime in with some help/guidelines.. What parts needed and so on. It would be easier for me to do it myself so I don't have to ship them out and go without my truck for a week or more. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
It's my understanding that SAW doesn't sell parts direct, you need to go thru a distributor.....

You might want to contact these guys:

Welcome to RaceShock

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Holy crap, those shocks are only good for a year and a half?!?! I thought they'd be good for several years as expensive as they are. Do you use yours a lot harder than normal or something or is that seriously the lifespan of them under normal use?

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Lou!

Holy crap, those shocks are only good for a year and a half?!?! I thought they'd be good for several years as expensive as they are. Do you use yours a lot harder than normal or something or is that seriously the lifespan of them under normal use?
Thats actually not a bad lifespan, the shocks are still good, this is just like doing maintenance. The oil in them needs to be changed, seals etc.. I'm definitely not easy on these things nor am I off jumping with them so I imagine if I drove on newly paved streets for 1.5 years they might last a little longer before needing a rebuild.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
I've run my front SAW's for about 3 years and around 50,000 miles including plenty of off-roading...and I hit everything on the street as fast as I can...

Not a single issue yet.....There does come a time when the oil gets "beat up" and pretty dirty from normal internal wear..not sure if 1.5 years is the norm....My rears were just re-built/valved by Greg about 9 months ago, they had the same time/mileage as the front, again no issues...just wanted some valving changes...

·
Registered
558 Posts
Dang, I'm just gonna be cheapo keep my Radflos on forever.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've run my front SAW's for about 3 years and around 50,000 miles including plenty of off-roading...and I hit everything on the street as fast as I can...

Not a single issue yet.....There does come a time when the oil gets "beat up" and pretty dirty from normal internal wear..not sure if 1.5 years is the norm....My rears were just re-built/valved by Greg about 9 months ago, they had the same time/mileage as the front, again no issues...just wanted some valving changes...
Dang, I don't really want to do the rebuild because I'd rather not spend the cash, but it would just be for peace of mind I guess. I noticed what could be oil leaking. Whenever I wipe my finger across it, it has an oily feel to it which is why I believe that. It could be totally normal, idk, I know nothing about the specifics of shocks. They still ride like a dream though, especially hitting dips going fast, it always puts a smile on my face. I would just like to get in the habit of doing regular maintenance on them. What are my options for valving changes for the coilovers?

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I thought a year and a half sounded pretty bad for those things.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts