Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it turns out my 2004 KC Titans rear speakers aren't working. I bought this truck used about a month ago, and didn't even notice it for about a week. Not only this, but I figured out that everytime I open the rear passenger door to buckle my sons booster seat in the passenger airbag light stays on. I took a look at the wiring harness from the cab to the door and noticed there is a tear with exposed/broken wires showing. Bingo... The seatbelt harness is broken causing the restraint system to throw a code. I have not scanned for the code, but after reading alot off this website I figured it out. I have done the reset to the computer many times with success until this past Saturday. I contacted my local Nissan *stealership* and they said the recall didn't cover my titan. Isn't it strange that Nissan recalled these trucks for a bad harness in the rear doors, Mines broken on both the passenger and drivers door, but the recall doesn't cover my problem. Hmm. I guess my question is, could I just repair these myself? I have several years experiance with wiring, or should I try and fight this?

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
Find a different dealer and report the one that denied you to 1800nissan1. A recall is a recall regardless. They should repair it no questions asked.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I agree. Find another dealer. I can't believe they said it wasn't covered.
I was just towed to a dealer near Boston to get some new keys made (lost my keys while visiting a friend)
and they offered to do that rear door harness recall without me even asking.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree. Find another dealer. I can't believe they said it wasn't covered.
I was just towed to a dealer near Boston to get some new keys made (lost my keys while visiting a friend)
and they offered to do that rear door harness recall without me even asking.
After reading the replies on here, I started digging. I found the NHTSA Document for the harness recall. It has a list of applicable VIN #'s on it. Mine was right smack dab in the middle. I called the dealership back and asked for the lady I had spoke with the first time. She answered and said, "Mr. Wilbanks I am glad you had called back. I was actually looking for your number in garbage can where I had thrown it away this morning. It turns out our computers were down and we lost all the VIN #'s." She redid my VIN in the computer and taadaa, there it was. It actuall turns out I had 4 recalls. One for the harness in the doors, the rear seat belts, the trailor brake harness, and a new one for the condensor fan? So its currently at the dealership getting fixed. Thanks for the prompt replies on here.:hi:

·
Registered
1 Posts
So they did the so called recall in 2007, now 2019 the harness wires are broke and are shorting out. I call Nissan consumer affairs. They said we cannot cover that the "Campaign" has been closed on your vehicle!!! Thanks Nissan!
Anyone have the harness part number as I will have to try and replace the harness myself.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I would also like to see what the dealer wants for their repair harness. OE parts numbers would be real helpful. I’m getting tired of repairing the wires and would like to keep the harness wire colors correct.

·
Registered
14 Posts
This should help. I did it 3-4 years ago(my drivers side harness actually fell apart in my hands when I removed it, although it was my passenger side harness that was throwing a code) and these are the part numbers I used and what I paid:

Right sided/passenger side-24017-ZH000 HARNESS-BODY, N
[Titan | 2005 | KC | VK56DE | 2WD | FED | SE | AT | FLX/FUEL]
Replaced by: 24017-ZH10A 68.03

Left side/drivers side- 24014-ZH000 HARNESS ASSY-BO [Titan | 2005 | KC | VK56DE | 2WD | FED | SE | AT | FLX/FUEL]
Replaced by: 24014-ZH10A $52.03

I got them on nissanpartsdeal.com

It wasn't too difficult, just tedious. It was easier to remove all the seats and trim work around the doors. Remember to unhook the battery and plug everything back in before the battery is hooked back up. The biggest pain was the one wire on the passenger side harness that went to the third brake light/cargo light. I had to drop the head liner in the back slightly and fish the wire up with some string and drop the headliner enough to get my hands in there to unplug the old plug and plug in the new one. I could only access it while in the truck bed and reaching in through the sliding rear window. I think I had to remove the trim for the interior light in the middle of the roof and the upper roof console that has the drop down storage compartments. Hope that helps

·
Registered
12 Posts
This should help. I did it 3-4 years ago(my drivers side harness actually fell apart in my hands when I removed it, although it was my passenger side harness that was throwing a code) and these are the part numbers I used and what I paid:

Right sided/passenger side-24017-ZH000 HARNESS-BODY, N
[Titan | 2005 | KC | VK56DE | 2WD | FED | SE | AT | FLX/FUEL]
Replaced by: 24017-ZH10A 68.03

Left side/drivers side- 24014-ZH000 HARNESS ASSY-BO [Titan | 2005 | KC | VK56DE | 2WD | FED | SE | AT | FLX/FUEL]
Replaced by: 24014-ZH10A $52.03

I got them on nissanpartsdeal.com

It wasn't too difficult, just tedious. It was easier to remove all the seats and trim work around the doors. Remember to unhook the battery and plug everything back in before the battery is hooked back up. The biggest pain was the one wire on the passenger side harness that went to the third brake light/cargo light. I had to drop the head liner in the back slightly and fish the wire up with some string and drop the headliner enough to get my hands in there to unplug the old plug and plug in the new one. I could only access it while in the truck bed and reaching in through the sliding rear window. I think I had to remove the trim for the interior light in the middle of the roof and the upper roof console that has the drop down storage compartments. Hope that helps

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had airbag codes on my 04 KC as well. I don't have time to mess around with the dealer so i just repaired it myself . Didn't see any use in replacing it with another harness so i got this silicone wire that is really flexible and butt sliced it into the harness and ran it through some flex conduit . Got the wire off Amazon here https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018H1BDP4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Sometimes it's easy to improve on factory if you work at it a little ; )

1 - 9 of 9 Posts