Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a letter in the mail today- my '09 Titan apparently falls under 2 recalls- the fuel level sending unit and a more concerning one- brake pedal assembly. The letter indicates tht a part may have been manufactured out of spec and that the fix is replacing the brake pedal assembly...

Appontment scheduled for 8:00am Monday morning on the brake.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I got the same letter only about the brake peddle.

·
Registered
276 Posts
is this for all 2008 models?

·
Registered
159 Posts
I got mine today also. It concerns the brake pedal and the gas gauge when parts are available. Also said something about free roadside assistance til March 2011 and a $50.00 gift card from Nissan redeemable at any Nissan dealer.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I got my letter for the brakes a few days ago, nothing about 50 dollars for accessories or roadside assistance though.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Got my letter as well. $50 gift card only applies to trucks that need the fuel sending unit replaced. Maybe the excuse I need to order the PRO4x Fender Flares.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I got the letter about the brake pedal today, but traded the Titan yesterday, haha. I stuck with a Titan though, upgraded to an LE

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just purchased an 08' Titan LE 4x4 and wonder if I will get the recall letter or will it go to the previous owner? My guess is the previous owner...so can I just schedule the recall without the letter or what?

·
Registered
276 Posts
I just purchased an 08' Titan LE 4x4 and wonder if I will get the recall letter or will it go to the previous owner? My guess is the previous owner...so can I just schedule the recall without the letter or what?
Im with you on this one. I just bought myne a lil over a month ago. The truck had been sent to a couple of dealer acutions in the past few months and hasnt had a real registered owner in a while. So There is no telling where myne if it is applicable will go to.

Does anyone know for sure what year(S) and model(s) this applies to?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Im with you on this one. I just bought myne a lil over a month ago. The truck had been sent to a couple of dealer acutions in the past few months and hasnt had a real registered owner in a while. So There is no telling where myne if it is applicable will go to.

Does anyone know for sure what year(S) and model(s) this applies to?
Maybe someone can tell us....I don't want to be left out of the recall because of a formality.

·
Registered
139 Posts
The brake pedal recall applies to all 2006 to 2009 Titans. The free roadside assistance extension is not found in the body of the letter....it's a sticker located at the bottom right hand corner of your letter. It extends free roadside assistance through March of 2011, or for one year beyond the expiration of your roadside assistance warranty.

If you're not the first owner and are not sure whether or not the recall applies to your vehicle, I would suggest that you call your Nissan dealer to see whether or not you need to schedule an appointment. The brake fix is supposed to take less than an hour.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
I gotta letter in the mail today, it said,"go to WAR or go to Jail." That's what I heard when I read the first thread, a military cadence. :teeth:

Unfortunately, no letter of any kind, good news I guess. That and the fact that I run a '04. Good luck to everyone on there repairs.

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
just received mine today, calling the dealer tomorrow

·
Premium Member
...08 Pro4X...
70,468 Posts
I got mine also...:(

·
Registered
276 Posts
What about the fuel level transferring unit recall?

·
Registered
13,026 Posts
What about the fuel level transferring unit recall?
Thats what this thread is about, the fuel sending unit and the brake pedal pin.
Its funny how were getting 50 dollar giftcards for the fuel sending unit issue, is Toyota even doing that for their customers?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Thats what this thread is about, the fuel sending unit and the brake pedal pin.
Its funny how were getting 50 dollar giftcards for the fuel sending unit issue, is Toyota even doing that for their customers?
Yes I know but in an earlier post Delaware Don said

"The brake pedal recall applies to all 2006 to 2009 Titans. The free roadside assistance extension is not found in the body of the letter....it's a sticker located at the bottom right hand corner of your letter. It extends free roadside assistance through March of 2011, or for one year beyond the expiration of your roadside assistance warranty.

If you're not the first owner and are not sure whether or not the recall applies to your vehicle, I would suggest that you call your Nissan dealer to see whether or not you need to schedule an appointment. The brake fix is supposed to take less than an hour."

And in a post before that I asked what all models do both of the recalls apply to. So I was just now asking what about the fuel sending unit recall... what models does it apply to. Thanks

·
Registered
13,026 Posts
Yes I know but in an earlier post Delaware Don said

"The brake pedal recall applies to all 2006 to 2009 Titans. The free roadside assistance extension is not found in the body of the letter....it's a sticker located at the bottom right hand corner of your letter. It extends free roadside assistance through March of 2011, or for one year beyond the expiration of your roadside assistance warranty.

If you're not the first owner and are not sure whether or not the recall applies to your vehicle, I would suggest that you call your Nissan dealer to see whether or not you need to schedule an appointment. The brake fix is supposed to take less than an hour."

And in a post before that I asked what all models do both of the recalls apply to. So I was just now asking what about the fuel sending unit recall... what models does it apply to. Thanks

Mines a pro-4x and it applies to me. I think its from 2005-2009 any model Titans.

·
Registered
276 Posts
ok cool so both recalls applies to al 2005 to 2009 models. Thanks I wanted to get my facts straight before I went to the dealership

·
Registered
13,026 Posts
ok cool so both recalls applies to al 2005 to 2009 models. Thanks I wanted to get my facts straight before I went to the dealership
I think brake is only from 06. Best bet for you would be to call your dealership and give them your VIN. Thats what I did and he told me what recalls I was under.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts