Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone get a recall notice for the condenser cooling fan wiring?
Seems that the fan may run in reverse causing poor A/C performance and higher than normal coolant temps on the 2007 model.

My notice came today. The dealer will see me soon.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Yup well known problem. Go on down and get it taken care of. It only takes a couple hours and you are on your merry way.

·
Registered
50 Posts
they supposedly fixed mine, but i think they made it worse, lol...seems like it takes longer to cool down and def doesn't until you start drivin, but maybe thats the way its supposed to be :dunno:

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, I guess I just missed the previous threads.
My truck is doing just fine. You can freeze meat with the A/C.
Getting it checked anyway.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Leprechaun said:
they supposedly fixed mine, but i think they made it worse, lol...seems like it takes longer to cool down and def doesn't until you start drivin, but maybe thats the way its supposed to be :dunno:
Sounds worse. Thats exactly what mine was doing before they fixed. Now I too have a meat locker in my truck like the poster above me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Mine started to overheat at a drive-thru. :crying: I took it in the next day and they took care of it....:gunz: I talked to a local nissan service manager that I ve delt with for the last six years and he said that if there was any engine damage due to it getting hot, that they would replace my engine under warranty. Seems like the 07 runs hotter than my 04 did and it heat soaks while sitting at a signal pretty bad. I was thinking of doing the TB bypass to get rid of that since I live in the desert.

Also I ve been getting a clanking noise while entering a store or gas station and at low speed corners. My tranny seems to jump into gear.... and there is alot of slack in the drive shaft. Have any of you noticed these things?:huh:
I saw on another thread that there was something bad with wheel caps? not sure though....:computern

·
Registered
160 Posts
ive only got 1k miles on my 07. and i havnt experienced any issues. or recieved my recall notice.
i just changed my oil, so i'll wait another 2k miles then get them both done at once.
thanks for the info viking. i had missed any threads related to this.

·
Registered
50 Posts
when i got the fan issue checked, the service guy asked me if i was hearing any clicking noises and offered to order me 4 new wheels. think thats prob the noise you hearing Kool

·
Registered
12 Posts
Leprechaun said:
when i got the fan issue checked, the service guy asked me if i was hearing any clicking noises and offered to order me 4 new wheels. think thats prob the noise you hearing Kool
Thanks! Ill take it in.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Nissan made a HUUUGE mistake deciding to build their cars here. Back when they were actually "made in Japan", you didn't have all this crappy build quality. It's sad that we still can't learn their work ethic...or maybe it's just WHERE their built here that's the problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts