Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That stated for all 2004-2007 model year Titans that the manifold is covered under the 8 year / 80,0000 mile warranty because of the one piece construction of the manifold and catalytic converter. It also stated that anyone who paid to have their manifolds replaced will be reimbursed by Nissan.

·
Premium Member
1,587 Posts
There have been many who have received this letter.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I received it, but immediately trashed it.

At 112k miles, I'm SOL on the cracked manifolds. If Nissan wants to send letters, they should send a recall letter on these poorly made manifolds.

It amazes me that we placed a man on the moon over 40 years ago, and vehicles have been around much longer than that. With the technology we have, you would think that something as simple as an exhaust manifold would be bullet proof by now.

Sorry for the rant. I get mad every time I think of the problems I have with my truck.

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I received it, but immediately trashed it.

At 112k miles, I'm SOL on the cracked manifolds. If Nissan wants to send letters, they should send a recall letter on these poorly made manifolds.

It amazes me that we placed a man on the moon over 40 years ago, and vehicles have been around much longer than that. With the technology we have, you would think that something as simple as an exhaust manifold would be bullet proof by now.

Sorry for the rant. I get mad every time I think of the problems I have with my truck.
Agreed...you would also think they could get the front and rear differentials right also...but did that happen....noooooo...Seriously? A differential should outlast the engine and transmission of a vehicle and in addition you should be able to pull something in reverse without exploding the housing on the front differential. :flame:

I was lucky and had both manifolds replaced for free before I hit 80,000

·
Registered
128 Posts
Damniit! My truck just rolled over 80k! But the differential thing is what passes me off most. My truck is on its third reared and I have an odd feeling that it'll be on its 4th sooner than later.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Do the manifolds have to be leaking to get replaced?

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do the manifolds have to be leaking to get replaced?
Well if they are cracked they are leaking and vice versa.

Mine was noticeable...ticking sound when the vehicle was first started up in the morning that would eventually fade away after the manifolds heated up and expanded.

Horrible horrible gas mileage when they are cracked also.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts

Mine was noticeable...ticking sound when the vehicle was first started up in the morning that would eventually fade away after the manifolds heated up and expanded.

Did the ticking go away after just a few seconds? Mine ticks for about 5 seconds or so when i start it up, and then it does away, and my gas mileage has been less than great.

·
Registered
286 Posts

Mine were cracked and just had then fixed last week. My gas mileage was horrible before and is nit much better now. The truck is quiet as hell now though.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
I got my card in the mail today. I have a ticking sound for the first 10 seconds or so on startup. I'm sure my T with 69k miles has at least one leaking manifold. Been to the dealer twice and they say no leak. Not that I expect great service from a dealership.

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Did the ticking go away after just a few seconds? Mine ticks for about 5 seconds or so when i start it up, and then it does away, and my gas mileage has been less than great.
Depends on the morning temp. Where I live it can be 20 below zero or 75 in the morning depending on the time of year.

Get 'em fixed.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
I dont suppose there is an easy way to tell if they are cracked or have a leak is there? I havent even stuck my head under the hood while running to check it out yet... maybe I should start with that huh?

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
I got my card in the mail today. I have a ticking sound for the first 10 seconds or so on startup. I'm sure my T with 69k miles has at least one leaking manifold. Been to the dealer twice and they say no leak. Not that I expect great service from a dealership.
Same here I've got the ticking at startup but dealer says no leaks…

·
Registered
378 Posts
Funny, really. I've got 3 letters from Nissan on my counter, sooooo, tuesday it's going in to have the fuel sending unit and IDPM relay changed, have my manifolds checked as I have a ticking sound coming from the right (which I can really only hear next to a wall thanks to my Nismo exhaust:hat::teeth:) and an oil change which Nissan sent me a freebie coupon for...LOL.
Currently at 75K on my 06 so gotta get those manifolds checked NOW!!!!!
Cheers, Lee S.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I guess I had not heard that a cracked manifold impacts gas mileage, that's news to me. Why is that?

Thanks for a helpful thread.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts