Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my Sundown Audio SA10's the other week. Waiting on the box but I'm sure it will be worth it.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
nice, them beasts get nasty loud... what are you going to power them with?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Man! With that big of a surround, they must have impressive excursion!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I plan on powering them with a US Amps MD1D I bought from a fellow TT member, wired at 1 ohm. The next project will be components and a HU!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Me too! LOL As soon as it arrives I'll post pics. He said it would ship this week so we'll see.

·
Premium Member
77,929 Posts
Sweet subs! What's the mounting depth for those bad boys? What do they weigh a piece?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I weighed one using a generic scale and it came to 24lbs. The mounting depth is 6" and only require .55 cubic feet of air space in a sealed enclosure.

·
Premium Member
77,929 Posts
I weighed one using a generic scale and it came to 24lbs. The mounting depth is 6" and only require .55 cubic feet of air space in a sealed enclosure.
I was guessing ~20lb. :eyebrow: Very curious about these, definitely give us your opinion when you get them hooked up and tuned.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Those sure are sexy.... I hope to be getting some soon!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well the box arrived a few weeks ago and I finished up the installation after running into a minor set back. So far I'm really happy with it. For now I'm running the amp off the stock HU using a LOC. It gets plenty loud :)

·
Registered
509 Posts
Thats the EXACT BOX i want for my SA-8's.

Please let me know how they sound, and if it hits hard because Im trying to decide on going upfiring or FF, but Im pretty much made up my mind to go FF but Ive been looking for opinions.

Is there anyway you could post a video?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
These 10's hit pretty hard! I'll see if I can post a video up tomorrow. I'll need to find a large parking lot somewhere to do it though, otherwise I'll piss off everyone in the neighborhood :)

·
Registered
509 Posts
Thats a good sign that they get plenty loud =)

I had a setback yesterday...our fridge went out so we had to go to Lowes and drop 1500 on a new one, but it'll be worth it cuz we're planning on building a new house in the next few years, so we'll already have the new fridge haha.

But anyways, Do you have stock door speakers and everything else, or are those aftermarket aswell?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
1 - 16 of 16 Posts