Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Titan did not come with a hitch. There are many on the market. The dealer OE (999T5-WQ200) looks like the best fit snug up under the bumper but it is about $70 more than some of the aftermarkets (like Curt). I am not convinced I am a fan of the round tube hitches.

Any advantage to getting the OE hitch?

How hard is it to wire to the 7 pin connector?....is it prewired to the rear of the truck?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
My Titan did not come with a hitch. There are many on the market. The dealer OE (999T5-WQ200) looks like the best fit snug up under the bumper but it is about $70 more than some of the aftermarkets (like Curt). I am not convinced I am a fan of the round tube hitches.

Any advantage to getting the OE hitch?

How hard is it to wire to the 7 pin connector?....is it prewired to the rear of the truck?
Your question contains the answer...

The factory/dealer hitch comes not only with the 7-pin adapter, but the 3 relays you will need to make the electrics actually work. These can be pricey if sourced locally. It will also come with all the hardware you will need.

Price the 7-pin adapter, the bolts, and the relays, separately, and the price point comes much closer.

Yes, Titans come pre-wired to the back - through the relays you probably need. It is a good quality hitch and I have no regrets buying mine through a dealer. I got mine through Courtesy in TX when they were having a %-off promotion, and even though the freight was expensive (it's heavy...) it fit perfectly, had everything needed in the box, and came with instructions.

·
Registered
173 Posts
did you buy the truck new? Because a friend of mine he bought his titan with out a hitch, turns out someone stole it because all the relays/fuses were in place we did have to replace a couple of fuses, and solder the new harness to the factory one because someone cut the factory plug off.

I recently had my factory hitch stolen when I has staying at a hotel,so purchased a Curt from Amazon for 127 shipped it snugs up nice and tight to the bumper.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
So I purchased the OE hitch from the dealer, installed it, but I think it is not correct. The receiver has a flat plate that sits on top, but there is a 2" gap between this plate and the bottom-side of the bumper. I was expecting the receiver to fit snug up under the bumper. How does yours fit?

On another note, when I crawled under the truck to mount the hitch, I discovered a bracket on each side using the hitch bolt holes. The brackets were shaped similar to the hitch brackets except there was angle plate welded at the tube end and using two bolts holes in the frame. I removed this bracket to install the hitch.

·
Registered
233 Posts
My truck had a curt hitch on it when I bought it so I imagine the truck didn't come with one from factory. Someone also wired up a 3pin connector :ftard: but didn't go the right route and buy the plug and play harness. I didn't realize this untill I was 200miles away with my and my buds sport bikes on a trailer and seen that the lights didn't work. It wasnt because they spliced into the wiring but because there was fuses missing lol. Long story short I ordered all the missing fuses I needed a 3pin and 7pin box with lids for both with the right plug and play hook up. The pain was undoing all the splicing they did to begin with so I could use my plug and play adapter. O ya I got a tire store to weld the box onto the hitch and it looks as good or better then factory. I paid 43.00 bucks for everything! I think nissan wanted 90 some dollars for just the fuses.

Site sponser etrailer.com, best deal and great to do buisness with!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Anywhere I've been around here, (North West Florida Panhandle) the dealer was the cheapest to buy from, U-haul, and a few other local businesses were about 80 dollars more than what I got it from the dealer for. Like mentioned above from the dealer comes with the 7pin and the three relays. Purchased for 287, installed it in about 20 mins.

·
Registered
132 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts