Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's your experince with these cargo baskets?

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
I think they're kind of cool, but I'm reall anal about the fit of the reciever hitch and would have to add something to keep it from "wiggleing"....

Just don't forget it's back there....:ftard:

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
I'll bet it sets off the backup sensors like crazy! :lol:

·
Registered
225 Posts
I've used them on vacation trips on the back of my sister's Expedition. The interior was full of peeps and cargo and the hitch basket provided just enough extra room to bring along the rest of the cargo.

They're useful and there really isn't much else to say about them other than they work.

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
WHAT'S A RECIVER?? :rofl:

IS THIS FOR YOUR TITAN?? :eyebrow:

·
Premium Member
37,152 Posts
They're great, I have one and use it quite a bit...everything from hauling sod to strapping my fish cooler to it because the bed was already full.

Like lou said, they do wiggle a little, but they're fine if you distribute the weight properly and yes, backup sensors love them :lol:

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
I have hauled many deer out with one when I had a Jeep. Now that I think about, would be nice for the truck too since it sits lower than the tailgate.
Time to build another one!!!!

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
I used mine quite a bit.

The one you have is better than mine and mine does wobble a little but nothing to be concerned about.

Keep in mind that stuff from the wheel wells will spray up on the bottom sometimes.

I actually recommend getting it Line X'd as the powerdcoating leaves nothing to be desired especially on the welds.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
I actually recommend getting it Line X'd as the powerdcoating leaves nothing to be desired especially on the welds.
That sir is a great idea!

·
Premium Member
23,080 Posts
FYI..........in order to get said Receiver Hitch Cargo Basket form wiggling or wiggle less, try welding two wedges on it. Place receiver hitch into the hitch, tap in two wedges ( I placed mine on the sides ) and spot weld, or use double sided tape for a temporary fix.

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I hate how somtimes I miss my own threads.. lol

but thanks for the replies guys! It looks like I'll be buying one then. But something that was itching at my brain was the license plate. Anyone ever got pulled over because the cop couldn't see the plate?

I'll probably be ordering one here soon. I figured they'd be stable but I never really see them and just thought if I got some feedback I may just have to buy one for this summer!

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Anyone ever got pulled over because the cop couldn't see the plate?
There will always be a few cops that have a hard on for that type of infraction and will throw down some paper....
Most see it for what it is, and don't fret...

·
Registered
834 Posts
Mine is invaluable when going to the deer camp carrying my 4-wheeler in the bed of the truck. Two large ice chests fit perfectly - one full of beer and one full of meat. Also when you kill a deer and need to carry it back to the camp it is nice to not get blood in the bed of the truck. Go to your local Harbor Freight store & you can pick one up for about $60.

·
Registered
161 Posts
There will always be a few cops that have a hard on for that type of infraction and will throw down some paper....
Most see it for what it is, and don't fret...
It would really be no different than someone pulling a trailer. I can't see how you would be pulled over for this.

Really, cops have better things to do.

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well looking at it, I think just to be on the safe side, I can always just mount my license plate in my back wheel. I'm debating on keeping this in place all the time with a nice dimond plate tool box mounted in the basket to keep my tools and camping stuff accessable. (I don't like the dirty stuff inside my truck..carpet is spotless after 20yrs..don't wanna screw it up now!)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts