Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Truck is a month old, and today I used Armor All on the dash and door panels for the first time. I wasn't that impressed because it didn't have an even cover. The dash and door panels both had swirls and uneven coverage. I had to rub and rub to get it blended.

What does everyone else use, and have good results.

Jason

·
Registered
197 Posts
Plexus, I buy it at the motorcycle shops. It works on plastics, lexan, and painted surfaces. It wont damage the instrument cluster face like armor all will. It also has a UV protector in it, and it wont harm window tint. A little expensive but I love it.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Good idea on the Plexus. I have been using Plexus on my motorcycles for a while but didn't think about using them on the inside plastics of a the truck.

·
Registered
81 Posts
check out autopia..org(or com or something) I bought this stuff call aerospace (i think) 303protectant. best stuff hands down. uv protectant used by beoing. search the site w 303protectant .

good luck

·
Registered
198 Posts
ekes said:
check out autopia..org(or com or something) I bought this stuff call aerospace (i think) 303protectant. best stuff hands down. uv protectant used by beoing. search the site w 303protectant .
2nd on the 303 - best stuff I've ever used. Works on plastic/vinyl & leather.
Leaves no sticky residue & has a semi-gloss finish I prefer over the shinyness of other protectants.
I apply it lightly, then lightly buff to remove any excess 'wet look'.

Even works good on those mat black/grey exterior trim pieces. Don't use it on the plastic step rail inserts tho, will be VERY slipery & dangerious !!

·
Registered
754 Posts
Miked1 said:
2nd on the 303 - best stuff I've ever used. Works on plastic/vinyl & leather.
Leaves no sticky residue & has a semi-gloss finish I prefer over the shinyness of other protectants.
I apply it lightly, then lightly buff to remove any excess 'wet look'.

Even works good on those mat black/grey exterior trim pieces. Don't use it on the plastic step rail inserts tho, will be VERY slipery & dangerious !!
i use black magic spray for the inside of my truck to clean which i find works good and for the outside to wash my truck with i use meguires goldclass car wash.jus felt like adding what i use to wash my titan with also lol

·
Registered
674 Posts
I dont use anything....I dont like the shiney look.....I stress to the local car wash everytime I go in there not to use anything inside the truck....most of the stuff is greasy, and shines up onto the window when your going down the road....most of the stuff is just too messy.

anyhow just my 2 cents...LOL

·
Registered
198 Posts
rgregory1965 said:
I dont use anything....I dont like the shiney look.....I stress to the local car wash everytime I go in there not to use anything inside the truck....most of the stuff is greasy, and shines up onto the window when your going down the road....most of the stuff is just too messy.

anyhow just my 2 cents...LOL
Yep, know exactly what you mean - you should give the 303 a shot tho, I think you'll be pleased.
With the Az sun drying things out, you really need some protection to keep it from fading & cracking (ditto here in Fl).
Just apply sparingly, then give it a wipe/buff with a seperate cloth - restores the 'new look' without being shiney (like ArmorAll) or sticky.
I do it once a year & it's good for the full 12 months. You might have to do it a bit more in Az depending on how much time the truck sits outside.

·
Registered
198 Posts
BigJ said:
That sounds like a lot of work, lol j/k. Plexus spray on wipe off. :rolleyes:
LOL - LOL - yeah, but you're talking to a guy who applies this stuff with 2"x2" paint pads, 1" foam brushes & Q-tips to keep from getting any on surfaces I don't want touched (like glass, bezels, knobs, switches, vents etc.).

Yes - I'm totally obsessive & yes - it takes a long time ..... but, It's only once a year and I enjoy doing it !!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts