Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am going to get this but if any members have either i would greatly appreciate any opinions on either pro's con's etc.... i am having a hard time deciding which one, the recon is 99.95 plus shipping and the fire and ice is 80.00 plus shipping?
thanks in advance...

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have the fire and ice on mine and get compliments on it all the time. I have it under my back window instead of under the tail gate due to the drop down spare tire hole. Everyone really likes the reverse lights in it. I'll try to get some pics on here for the weekend.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have the Fire and Ice. It's great the only 3 things to let you know about it is, it covers your spare tire drop hole, when you are in reverse and hit the brakes they look pink, and the hardest thing is tapping the reverse light wire.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have just the line of fire bar and i love it, i have gotten several compliments on the look of it on my truck. I went with just the line of fire bar because i figured paying the extra money just for the white reverse lights was a waste of money, i mean how much do you actually have the truck in reverse and how many people actually see it while you are backing up? I just didn't think the extra dough was even worth it...

anyway the only disadvantage is that the LEDs cover up the spare tire hole, but many members have fixed this problem by flipping the bar upside down and tirmming some of the plastic so that you will be able to get at the hole. The hard wiring is easy as pie, all you have to do is tap the wires for your trailer hitch lights and you are done, you can either strip and solder the wires on, or like i did get some plastic wire tappers from Radio Shack for 18-22 gauge wire and tap them, then just wrap them in electrical tape to keep em weather tight.

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
The unit I got from stylinconcepts ? places the LEDs on the bottom, and allowed plenty of room to just trim the plastic vertical plate to be fully open at the spare tire hole. No restriction. Soldering one wire for the reverse light is fairly easy. Great addition. :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have the Recon White Lightning bar and really like how it looks. I don't think it looks pink when both the brake and reverse lights are lit but I have only seen it like that once right after I put it on.

Install is easy I cutoff the connector and used some scotchloks and tapped the wires right behind the trailer hookup. That way I don't have to mess with unhooking anything when towing and I think it looks better without the 7to4 pin converter plugged in to the hookup. Like Blue said it is really easy to just trim the plastic so that it doesn't interfere with the spare tire drop.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I also got my fire and ice through stylinconcepts(like 75 bucks with 5 bucks shipping). I turned the bar upside down so the led's are "hanging" instead of on the up side of the L bracket, then got four other wires and ran them to the wiring harness at the hitch. Well, finally got my pics like I said about(this is the first time posting pics, so I hope they work out ok). And yes, I know that there are three leds not lit in the driver's side one:crying: , they're under warranty and are being taken care of.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts