Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There isn't enough information to conclude why this Titan got stuck the way it did, but it looks like it was a two wheel drive Titan with the Cummins engine. The tires don't appear to be the all-terrain version, which probably would have helped. Towing a moderately heavy trailer up a steep dirt road with a two wheel drive truck usually isn't going to work well. I do wonder if the WDH was still attached when the owner tried to go up the hill. In a 4x4 truck I would say keep the WDH on and configured so that the front axle can get some traction. But on a two wheel drive truck I would be inclined to disconnect the WDH bars so that all the weight is on the rear wheels for maximum traction.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Those Airstream weigh a ton and that bumpy road spelled near doom not smart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
19,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those Airstream weigh a ton and that bumpy road spelled near doom not smart

Definitely not a lot of clearance. I thought he was going to rip something out from under the front of the trailer.

I've never looked up the weight of an Airstream. I do know they weigh less than my bumper pull toy hauler does. But that's why I have an F-350 to pull it instead of my Titan.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Those Airstream weigh a ton
No they don't. I've been towing for 43 years, and have done all kinds of smart and dumb things...I now own an Airstream and the model that guy has (looks like a 23CB) weighs only about 5,000#. Loaded. More than easy enough for the truck. This guy did something stupid to get all sideways like that...

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
No they don't. I've been towing for 43 years, and have done all kinds of smart and dumb things...I now own an Airstream and the model that guy has (looks like a 23CB) weighs only about 5,000#. Loaded. More than easy enough for the truck. This guy did something stupid to get all sideways like that...
Yeah my bad that is a Flying Cloud. Many things could have factored into this no 4x4, tires, experience, trailer overloaded inside probably a combination of them but that road sure wasn’t made to be hauling a trailer on I bet you do a lot of unseen damage twisting and bouncing a trailer on a road like that

1 - 5 of 5 Posts