Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way home from meeting some friends last night and the streets were pretty much empty. I roll up next to a new F150 with a couple younger guys in it. Light goes green and I rather lazily accelerate, but I guess he wasn't paying attention to the green light cause I was a fair bit ahead of him. I had my rear window open and I heard his engine winding up quickly and reflexively dropped the 5.6L hammer. By the time I was downshifted, he had pulled even with me, but that was about it. I beat him by a length to the next light (1/8 mile tops). Round 2 wasn't a contest. I smoked him off the line and had 3 lengths by the next light. Round 3 wasn't a race either. He got on the gas, but I didn't feel like wasting any more fuel on his monkey *** and let him have his dignity. :D I'm sure I would've pulled more on him if the stretches were longer, but as it was, we weren't getting above 50 MPH. Oh, and this was on a tank of 50% E85 and 50% 87 octane.

Oh, did I mention, this whole time, I had my GF on my bluetooth headset? I was minding my business talking to her when these clowns started playing. She could hear my truck and was like "honey, are you racing someone again?!" :gossip: "No sweetie, I wouldn't do that..." :)

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
UWSkier said:
On my way home from meeting some friends last night and the streets were pretty much empty. I roll up next to a new F150 with a couple younger guys in it. Light goes green and I rather lazily accelerate, but I guess he wasn't paying attention to the green light cause I was a fair bit ahead of him. I had my rear window open and I heard his engine winding up quickly and reflexively dropped the 5.6L hammer. By the time I was downshifted, he had pulled even with me, but that was about it. I beat him by a length to the next light (1/8 mile tops). Round 2 wasn't a contest. I smoked him off the line and had 3 lengths by the next light. Round 3 wasn't a race either. He got on the gas, but I didn't feel like wasting any more fuel on his monkey *** and let him have his dignity. :D I'm sure I would've pulled more on him if the stretches were longer, but as it was, we weren't getting above 50 MPH. Oh, and this was on a tank of 50% E85 and 50% 87 octane.

Oh, did I mention, this whole time, I had my GF on my bluetooth headset? I was minding my business talking to her when these clowns started playing. She could hear my truck and was like "honey, are you racing someone again?!" :gossip: "No sweetie, I wouldn't do that..." :)
sweet kill............ my gf can sometimes hear my engine aswell but i just tell her."no i dont do those things" i really doubt that she believes me anyway

·
Registered
433 Posts
Now that I have the K&N and a Magnaflow my gf will comment too, I think it turns her on.... word.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
UWSkier said:
Nice save! LOL:) Nice kill too! Those Fords are nothing but a joke. Except for the Lightning...of course.:readclose

1 - 4 of 4 Posts