Nissan Titan Forum banner

Red or Black???

• Red Springs

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • Black Springs

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • Neither! Keep those pitiful, poorly performing stock coilovers!

Votes: 1 4.0%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That is the question! Red Springs or Black Springs??? I'm going to take advantage of the $100 savings on PRG's SAW Coilovers this month. (Merry Christmas to me, thanks to a successful fantasy football season and being able to sell my old n-fab steps!)

I can't decide which color of spring to go with. I know, I know, it shouldn't be a hard decision, but right now I'm leaning towards the black springs.

What does anyone else think?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
But red is the signature SAW color. Everyone looks at mine and says, "Sweet, what kind of coilovers are those? I've never seen red ones before."

·
Premium Member
31,979 Posts
The red strut assembly with the black spring will look great IMO. The red on red is just too much.

·
Premium Member
76,514 Posts
let me ask this... are you getting new steps, if so what finish?

my vote will be for the black.. originally i thought it would look cool with red tucked up in your wheel wells, but i think you'll still see the black with minimal red highlights..

you know what's funny, if we were picking out shirts this would be a very strange conversation, i'm glad it's truck parts!

·
Registered
635 Posts
I'd go red, but that's just me. Besides the top and bottom are red.

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DeadRiver said:
let me ask this... are you getting new steps, if so what finish?

my vote will be for the black.. originally i thought it would look cool with red tucked up in your wheel wells, but i think you'll still see the black with minimal red highlights..

you know what's funny, if we were picking out shirts this would be a very strange conversation, i'm glad it's truck parts!
Nope same steps, you might not remember, but the original n-fabs were replaced under warranty, but I got to keep the old ones, so I sold them to a member on CT.

Awhile back, this is what I had envisioned, but I think now I'd probably do away with the chrome handles/mirror caps/tire sidewalls as well.

·
Premium Member
76,514 Posts
what are you planning for the lower quaters and kicks? i saw online a girl that had hers line-x sprayed.... eh it worked but it made it look like that crappy matte black plastic they put on all the first year model vehicle to save on costs.

i'm going to have the stocker PC'ed black with my steps and if I'm luck the overhead racks :) the lift remains on the wish list, but the level will happen sooner!

p.s. i'll probably leave the chrome i have on the truck... a little won't hurt :) and it'll look nice with the black speed grille i'm also wishing on

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
DeadRiver said:
what are you planning for the lower quaters and kicks?
-Bushwacker Pocket Style Flares when the are available come Feb-March
-Pro-Comp 7005 Cast Blast Wheels-18"x9"
-Going to design some things in photoshop and have some a 'wrap' style graphic on the bottom to cover all my stone chips then covered with clear for more protection! OR possibly some bedliner stuff?

Not sure I understood exactly what you want to have PC'd on your truck?

·
Registered
250 Posts
i think black would look better IMO but does the red match the truck well because if it is off alittle i think it would look kinda weird but if it matches perfect id go for red myself

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
carver1titan4x4 said:
i think black would look better IMO but does the red match the truck well because if it is off alittle i think it would look kinda weird but if it matches perfect id go for red myself

That's the thing, the red of the shock spring doesn't really match the paint.

I think the choice is gonna be black!

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Once you go black, you don't never go back... :D Black for me! I can't believe nobody has chosen #3! I LOVE my pitiful, poorly performing stock coilovers!

NOT!!!! Calling Greg soon, myself... :D

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, just got off the phone with Greg! I ordered the shocks with the BLACK springs!!! Won't be shipped till after the new year though at my request.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
BLACK?!?!?! C'mon!!!! Just because it's 11 to 5 for black, that's no reason to... oh... wait... I voted for the black..

Good choice. Ahem...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts