Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I bought a cheap 07' Titan with about 210k on the clock. Mechanically, pretty damn great overall. But upper control arms are shot as well are the struts all around. Appear to be stock. As this is a cheap truck, I don't intend to invest a ton back into it, but I was willing to drop the cash for some Bilstein 4600's. However, I don't quite like the idea of of compressing the springs and rebuilding both because it's more PITA than I want and I don't trust the springs with 200k+ on them as well. So I'm thinking that a quick strut might be the best bang for the buck since I'm just going for stock ride height.

Anyone had any positive experiences with the KYB Strut Plus? I've used KYB products in other vehicles and never really had a problem, but I've never done quick-struts.

I'd also love any other recommendations when it comes to quick struts.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had considered PRG but they only offer prebuilt 5100s... Not needed for this truck. 4600s were about as much as I wanted to spend. Just stock height.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I did the cheap front struts off ebay, big mistake! Truck rode like a tank until I replaced shocks with Bilstein 5100 strut and used ebay springs. Much better ride! Brother has the wall mounted spring compressor to swap out struts!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts