Nissan Titan Forum banner

141 - 160 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
PHP:
An 05 with 49k??? Did you mean 149?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nope, 49k. some old man bought the truck new in 05, im the second owner.

bought the truck from a local dealer, salesman i bought the truck from was the salesman that took it in on trade, he said the old guy also traded in a 2012 lexus sedan with 11k miles...

·
Registered
113 Posts
PHP:

nope, 49k. some old man bought the truck new in 05, im the second owner.

bought the truck from a local dealer, salesman i bought the truck from was the salesman that took it in on trade, he said the old guy also traded in a 2012 lexus sedan with 11k miles...

Great find!

·
Registered
46 Posts
The Frozen kit comes with new bracketing and stainless lines etc to make the larger rotors and calipers fit. As for just buying the ‘08 components... That’s possible and what a lot of us did at first. I can tell you that these brakes are a HUGE improvement over stock and I totally recommend it if you’re looking to do this type of project!

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Search the forum, as there is an upgrade to the brakes using stock parts from the Armada (which went to larger rotors and calipers but initially kept the smaller hub ring). This gets you OEM parts which should be sourceable long term, and gives you the bigger brakes, at what I think is the most cost effective pricepoint.

·
Registered
11 Posts
08 Titan LE only owner had 14000 mile now these are the upgrades that I did replace exhaust manifold with the JBA long tube, nismo catback exhaust, belstien shocks and replaced the transmission cooler with a mishimoto external cooler with an electronic fan

·
Registered
44 Posts
@Blevinger, how did your Titan hold up after pouring this money into it? How many miles did you put on your Truetrac? Any leaking seals or other problems? In retrospect, was it worth it or would you have done anything differently?

I have an 05 with 143k that I'm on the fence on whether the Truetrac and exhaust upgrades would be worth it. No exhaust leak currently, and only some slight seeping from pinion seal. Yet I'm weighing that if these failures are as inevitable as the forum has be to believe, perhaps would be better to do now and enjoy the upgrades for a longer span of the remaining life of the truck. I hope to get another 100k out of it. Your input or the input of others is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
My 2 cents...

I wouldnt buy an aftermarket diff. cover. For reasons why, see Gale Banks youTube channel. He does an in depth discussion on aftermarket dif. covers.

Dont bother repairing the leaking axle seals, because they will only leak again. The vent mod did nothing to cure this issue on my lightly driven , low mileage 2wd 2006. I suggest checking oil level occasionally and adding if needed. These are generally very slow leaks.

Im still running OEM brakes on my 06'. It stops fine when I push the stop pedal. Works for me. $1200 plus for an upgrade. No thanks. Maybe if you tow trailers down mountains...otherwise you should be fine.

My exhaust manifolds never cracked, but I did an entire exhaust system upgrade anyway. I did it myself. If you do not have the tools or ability, i would not pay labor charges for this unless you really need a new exhaust.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have an 06 with 90k that appears to be stock
If manifold replacement is in my future and I go with the long tube headers how are they properly retuned?And at what cost I don’t understand the method

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Most people will say you need an uprev tune and to not even start it after header install unless you have it. I disagree completely and say you dont need to tune at all. There are a few on here who chose not to pay over $500 for “ a tune” and all of our trucks have been running absolutely perfectly without it and with headers. Be a sheep and follow the masses, or take my advice. My days of explaining why it isn’t necessary and debating about it are over. You may find past posts if you do a search. Good luck

·
Registered
84 Posts
Okay obviously you didn’t do any “retune” so how many miles have you driven without any computer adjustments?

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
I have an 06 with 90k that appears to be stock
If manifold replacement is in my future and I go with the long tube headers how are they properly retuned?And at what cost I don’t understand the method
Go to Uprev website and search for Uprev on youtube. You can buy the software and a cable, data log with a laptop and get tunes by email from Uprev which you flash via your laptop and cable or you can go to a local dyno shop Uprev dealer.

You should investigate local emission testing laws in planning your course of action. I passed the OBDII and treadmill sniff tests with long tubes, Uprev and catted B-pipes, but had to add two additional cats to pass a visual inspection because my 2004 4x4 OR truck originally came with 4 cats.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Okay obviously you didn’t do any “retune” so how many miles have you driven without any computer adjustments?
300,000....lmao. It doesn't matter, it doesn't run lean. Don't be a sheep. These things called mass air flow meters and oxygen sensors take readings, and make adjustments. If it was running lean, it would throw a code.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I did go ahead and get the full kit from Cajun, JBA headers, catless B pipes and JBA cat back with the Ultraquiet Resonator, even though I didn't have any leaks. My truck had 143k, and one of the manifolds had been replaced at about 90k. My thinking was that if I was going to keep this truck for another 100k, I might as well get the package now and enjoy it for 100k miles rather than deal with a cracked manifold sometime in the future when there would be less time left to enjoy them and the cost would be tougher to stomach.

Well wouldn't you know, when changing out the manifolds, the one that hadn't been replaced yet had a crack in the same spot.

Feels and sounds mostly stock when cruising around town yet when I put my foot it in she screams! I'm very happy with the upgrade. Added fun factor to the vehicle, for sure.

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
I’m definitely going to have to budget for it because it sounds like it’s not an “if” but a when sort of issue.What can I expect to pay out for labor for installation?

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
I did go ahead and get the full kit from Cajun, JBA headers, catless B pipes and JBA cat back with the Ultraquiet Resonator, even though I didn't have any leaks. My truck had 143k, and one of the manifolds had been replaced at about 90k. My thinking was that if I was going to keep this truck for another 100k, I might as well get the package now and enjoy it for 100k miles rather than deal with a cracked manifold sometime in the future when there would be less time left to enjoy them and the cost would be tougher to stomach.

Well wouldn't you know, when changing out the manifolds, the one that hadn't been replaced yet had a crack in the same spot.

Feels and sounds mostly stock when cruising around town yet when I put my foot it in she screams! I'm very happy with the upgrade. Added fun factor to the vehicle, for sure.
Yup. That's exactly where they crack. That's where mine was cracked.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Maybe OP's list should also include addressing the blend door, actuator, clicking sound problem that seems to be overly common.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Your new-to-you first gen Titan (all years) will either come with cracked exhaust manifolds, soon to crack exhaust manifolds, jiofi.local.html OR replacement headers. There's no two ways about it. Cracked manifold symptoms include ticking sounds at the block plus decreased acceleration. The truck will feel like it is one cylinder down on power.
Bullshit. There are many, many thousands of these trucks that have original manifolds, no issues.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I stopped and looked at the new Titan at the local dealership over the weekend
Stickered out at 63K for the Cummins a little less for the gas model I hear that they discount that price that’s just crazy to me.i’ll be in 1st gen for awhile

·
Registered
14,132 Posts
if you pay sticker price for a titan you're a terrible negotiator. lol. if you pay sticker for any truck you should stop buying trucks.

141 - 160 of 175 Posts