Nissan Titan Forum banner

161 - 176 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mine has 90k miles on it. My only complaints have been in the drivers side front door. Had to replace the door latch right after I bought it used in 2009. Last year I finally fixed the window motor in the same door. I also replaced the radiator early on [ the usual cracks in the lower tank they all had]. Not bad for a first generation vehicle. I only paid $13k for it used. It is just a workhorse. I get it out when I want to do some work.

This year it is going to get some major service. Spark plugs, tranny & diff oil are, as far as I know original. May go to a deep tranny sump and large diff cover if the budget permits. Time to give it some attention. …J.D.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Looks good how do they compare to stock for night visibility?
Much mo betta. These are projector lights that came with halogen bulbs. I would recommend getting 7k or higher Led bulbs to get a whiter light.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
144 Posts
Much mo betta. These are projector lights that came with halogen bulbs. I would recommend getting 7k or higher Led bulbs to get a whiter light.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I have the same headlight/taillight configuration. I added a new grille with raptor yellow bulbs to boot.

Reactions: waingro

·
Registered
3 Posts
PHP:
nope, 49k. some old man bought the truck new in 05, im the second owner.

bought the truck from a local dealer, salesman i bought the truck from was the salesman that took it in on trade, he said the old guy also traded in a 2012 lexus sedan with 11k miles...
I know, old post ,,, additionally, my first ... (and yes, I have been following since I acquired my '04 CC off road) had just under 42k.

·
Registered
2004 Titan SE 4x4 Big Tow
62 Posts
Bullshit. There are many, many thousands of these trucks that have original manifolds, no issues.
I said the same thing but decided to listen to the noises my truck was making. Thought I heard a tick, smelled a little smell, sure enough, cracked manifold on both sides. 165k miles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've really enjoyed reading through this thread, giving me some thoughts and ideas for the 2004 LE crew cab off-road package Titan that I'll be driving in the near future. My friend is currently the 2nd owner and has all the maintenance records so I have proof the manifolds have been replaced. The truck is currently getting both front fenders and the top of the cab resprayed due to some oxidation of the paint. A new hood is also going on due to a few small hail dents and light oxidation. Also throwing on a new bumper cover and black rear bumper. Picked up some different steps bar off Facebook and painted them black; will install after all the other work is completed.

Before the tear down:

Current condition:

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
The bigger concern over a cracked manifold is the cats failing internally and sucking pieces back into the engine, causing all kinds of headaches. This , according to some youtuber I watch is very common. So im glad i put headers on, even though i had no cracking problems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
The bigger concern over a cracked manifold is the cats failing internally and sucking pieces back into the engine, causing all kinds of headaches. This , according to some youtuber I watch is very common. So im glad i put headers on, even though i had no cracking problems

I would like to watch this YouTuber, mind sharing his channel name?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Finally got my 2004 back on the road. Gave her a good wash and clay bar this weekend as well. Changed quite a bit from the "before" photo up above.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Ive been a 07 owner for 100k and 11 years and been there and done that kinda feel lol. the only issue I can say on the true trac is if the shop dont leave enough end play on the side bearing load the bolts will back out and blow the rear up. Just saying :)

161 - 176 of 176 Posts