Nissan Titan Forum banner

Is the 2020 Nissan Titan Refreshing or Revolting?

• Refreshing

Votes: 24 82.8%
  • Revolting

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think about the new 2020 Nissan Titan? Is it Refreshing or Revolting?
An MT journalist originally asked the question but that's just one person. Asking it here provides the truest answer. I mean, we are Nissan's pickup buyer base, for the most part.
From an automakers point of view, its these views that actually matter in the end. So where do you guys stand and why?

_

Refreshing or Revolting: 2020 Nissan Titan
The Nissan Titan holds a tiny share of the full-size truck segment that's dominated by the Ford F-150, Ram 1500, and Chevy Silverado. Still, the truck has come a long way in its current generation, boasting a more refined ride and a nicer cabin. Newly refreshed, the 2020 Nissan Titan receives some considerable design updates, but is it enough to make us do a double take?

One look at the new Titan, and you can tell something has changed. The updates are subtle, starting with new LED headlights. Nissan says these units, standard on most trims, put out more light, and they're set off by bolder "double boomerang" LED daytime running lights. Nissan also made the front bumper a little more prominent, and added sleeker foglights. Three different grilles are available on the 2020 Titan, with PRO-X models getting black trim as well as red accents, including on the Nissan badge. SL and Platinum Reserve models don unique brightwork. No matter which you get, the grille is split into two distinct sections (separated by the Nissan badge) unlike the previous Titan, which appeared to have three sections. Titan badging is still displayed prominently on the top of the grille.

The 2020 Nissan Titan features new wheel designs. In the rear, Nissan updated the Titan with new LED taillights and new tailgate finishers. While the PRO-4X gets black accents and a red Nissan badge on the tailgate, the Platinum Reserve shines with bright accents on the tailgate and the side of the body. Other models aren't so elaborately adorned. Updated badging can be seen on the side and in the rear of the different Titan models.

Nissan has made incremental changes to the interior throughout the years, but some additional improvements come for 2020. The standard touchscreen is now an 8.0-inch unit instead of a 7.0-inch unit. Buyers can also upgrade to a 9.0-inch screen. The cabin's general layout hasn't changed, and it still shows some signs of aging with the steering wheel column shifter. On the plus side, a new dual-panel panoramic moonroof is now available on the Crew Cab.

·
Premium Member
3,350 Posts
I’m perfectly happy with my Titan for its abilities and a great value too.

Clint

·
Premium Member
3,350 Posts
Why is there a change vote option? Should be choose wisely and live by that choice.

Clint

·
Registered
574 Posts
Need to do something with the back window (like 1st gen crewcab) unless Toyota has a patent on the roll down function. Lesson the angle of the front windshield just a bit while bringing the nose in would also help aesthetically.

·
Registered
154 Posts
When I bought mine a year ago, it was the LAST truck I looked at; I had left it off my list because it had no current tech and I drove every other brand first. It was only because all the others left me feeling "meh" that I finally took a Titan for a spin. With the new specs, it would have been near the top of my list and could have saved me a ton of test drives.

I think the only thing I would add now is either SS or cylinder deactivation technology (prefer SS for city driving though). As it stands now, my Titan doesn't get nearly enough miles because wife's Juke gets so much better gas mileage (even with the premium fuel required); the Juke is the first out of the driveway, and the Titan sits there patiently waiting for some heavy hauling duty.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Vote needs a third option.
"MEH"
I am partial to the look of my 19 p4x. especially the body colored grille. on the 20 the black grille just looks like cheap plastic. the other exterior stuff if just ok.
The bigger screen is nice inside, so thats a plus.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
It's more in line with what I thought the 2016 redesign would look like. I test drive a new truck every now and then to see what I'm missing, but a Titan may be back on the board for me if they can get the interior up to date with competitors. I would buy a Pro4X, so I'm not shelling out 40k+ on something that's 2-3 years behind the competition.

I'd LOVE an option to turn off the DRL's on any new model car. There are times where it'd be nice to not have stupid bright lights. Specific instance for me is we have a christmas lights drive-through every year here in Memphis. Kind of defeats the purpose of seeing those lights if every single car has their DRL's running.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Personally I think it’s a homerun it is a noticeable difference to me but a really good one. I was not that excited about the 2016 but the 2020 I can’t wait to look at one. Looks like color choices are going through be great too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry if I haven't replied to anyone, crunched on time but figured I would quickly share this article breaking down the differences:

Snipped the summary below.
__

FINAL THOUGHTS
Nissan seems to have covered most of the bases on the Titan to call it ‘an improvement over the predecessor’. The discontinuation of the Cummins engine may not please everyone and dropping it on the next-gen Titan would’ve been better. But given the stringent emission norms these days and the falling demand, there is no reason for it to continue. If the Japanese automaker would have increased the towing capacity as well, the Titan could have become a strong competitor. Currently, it does not sell as much as the Fords, or the Rams, or the Chevy twins.

The company is moving less than 3,000 examples a month on an average, which is way lower than the competition. However, this attempt should see a spike in the sales graph as features like the Nissan Safety Shield, bigger touchscreen, and panoramic sunroof are quite tempting. Will this facelift help Nissan grab a bigger share of the pie? We’ll know once the truck goes on sale in early 2020.
  • Love it
    • Different grilles on each trim
    • Power bump and new transmission will only make it a better package
    • More tech and safety features
  • Leave it
    • The 5.0-liter Cummins V-8 diesel engine will be missed
    • Hope the price is not increased significantly
    • No increase in towing and payload ratings

·
Registered
38 Posts
I really like it, I want to see it in person especially in white and black. Although, that new Baja Storm and Red Alert are sweet too. I expect the new in house 9 speed and new 3.69 rear will really liven up the driving experience as well.

·
Super Moderator
93,294 Posts
I think it's an improvement, but I wouldn't say that the looks are as good as the original.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I really like it, I want to see it in person especially in white and black. Although, that new Baja Storm and Red Alert are sweet too. I expect the new in house 9 speed and new 3.69 rear will really liven up the driving experience as well.
In house tranny? Is it not a Jatco tranny?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I bought a base king cab with rear seat delete. Don’t think the 2020 will make me regret my purchase. Not into luxury when it comes to trucks. The 20 - 30 grand I kept in my pocket will go towards future motorcycles.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
learning what went on behind the scene's with the new Titan sure does make you appreciate both the teams efforts and the end product of course

We recently moseyed on over to the Texas State Fair where Nissan unveiled its newest pickup truck, the full-size 2020 Titan. It’s a significant refresh with new front and rear styling, a more powerful engine, an upgraded interior and revised multimedia system. We got to take a close look at the new Titan during the 2019 State Fair of Texas in Dallas to see if those changes combine to make it better than the outgoing model.

Outside, the changes aren’t dramatic, but the new bumper, revised grille and redesigned LED headlights help make its styling match other recently updated Nissan models. In back, there are new LED taillights and a new bed lighting system.

Inside, meanwhile, Nissan upgraded the cabin materials on the doors, dash and console, trim level depending. Front and center ahead of the driver is the new digital programmable driver information display; it sits in between the gauge cluster.

A standard 8-inch multimedia display is new for 2020, with the option to upgrade to a 9-inch unit. Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone integration is standard, and available Wi-Fi allows up to six devices to stream content (with a paid subscription).

What’s under the hood? Watch the video for our full payload of first impressions of the 2020 Nissan Titan.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I guess I am one of the only ones that actually like the looks of my '17 KC SV. Best truck I have owned.

I saw the new '20 at the Texas State Fair on Wednesday and I like it. What I really like about it is that rear end ratio.

But its all lipstick on a duck.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts