Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guy's,
I just got back from the Relentless RPM Dyno Day "Titan Up" Meet! First of all i'd like to thank's all the guy's @ Harbor Nissan for their great hospitality! They went above & beyond my expectation's & really gave us a warm welcome! Secondly, i would like to thank all the other Titan/Armada owner's who came out to represent the VK56 Community! You guy's are great, i had a blast! The meet went off w/o a hitch, they served us up some free food on the grille & free drink's. As well as a really cool "Titan Up" shirt & gift bag w/ an assortment of sticker's, cup's, hat's...etc. These guy's pulled out all the stop's & offered everyone who showed up 3 free pull's on their Dynomite AWD Dyno w/ printout's. They also held a Dyno Contest to see you had the most HP/TQ & a Best in Show Contest to see who had the nicest looking Titan/Armada. They even handed out some really nice trophies to the winner's & runner-up's! We had fun watching the big flat screen monitor they had hooked up to the dyno! We had even more fun watching their STS Turbo Titan lay waste to the dyno! That truck sound's amazing!!!

I took about 90-100 picture's, which are uploading now as i type. I will post a link since there are way too many to post on here.
http://s249.photobucket.com/albums/gg240/tat2titan/Relentless%20RPM%20Dyno%20Day%20Meet%201_23_11/

I took 2nd. Place in the Dyno Competition! My '05 KC Titan put down 279HP/379TQ today. Funny thing is that was with my truck in 91map. I was switching map's the other day while i was driving around & completely forgot about it till on my drive home today. DUH! ...oh well, no biggie. The 1st. Place trophy went to 007KING & his '07 KC Titan w/ 302HP/397TQ! Congrat's bro!!! That goes to show you what VVT actually does for the VK56! He has all the same mod's i do CAI, Header's, Bank's & Up/Rev. Only thing different is the brand of intake, my 2.25" Y to his 3" Y & VVT. I'm going to be scratching my head wondering what my truck would have put down if i would have had it in 93map? I know it wouldn't have beaten his #'s, but it would have been a little higher i believe. (more timing & leaner AFR). I would say having VVT add's 20HP/20TQ w/ an Up/Rev Tune! I will post my dyno graph so it can be used in comparison to his, when he post's it. I looked at them side to side & the TQ curse is way different.

I think that's enough typing... LOL

·
Registered
266 Posts
Cams man... cams.... LOL Congrats and good numbers.

Reactions: gweasel77

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Nice.. I wonder what you woulda made with the other tune as well. lol. Go back and tell them you forgot a run. lol.
I know it would have done a little better. When i realized it i was just getting onto the interstate to head back home. I used substantially more gas on the way there as i did on my way home. Running my 91map with 93oct in the tank makes it run rich. So it was like that the whole way there & on the dyno. LOL

Cams man... cams.... LOL Congrats and good numbers.
YES!!! Cam's & an aluminum rad. Those are the 2 mod's i have on the top of my list! Hopefully by the end of '11! :)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hey Guy's,
I just got back from the Relentless RPM Dyno Day Titan Up" Meet! First of all i'd like to thank's all the guy's @ Harbor Nissan for their great hospitality! They went above & beyond my expectation's & really gave us a warm welcome! Secondly, i would like to thank all the other Titan/Armada owner's who came out to represent the VK56 Community! You guy's are great, i had a blast! The meet went off w/o a hitch, they served us up some free food on the grille & free drink's. As well as a really cool "Titan Up" shirt & gift bag w/ an assortment of sticker's, cup's, hat's...etc. These guy's pulled out all the stop's & offered everyone who showed up 3 free pull's on their Dynomite AWD Dyno w/ printout's. They also held a Dyno Contest to see you had the most HP/TQ & a Best in Show Contest to see who had the nicest looking Titan/Armada. They even handed out some really nice trophies to the winner's & runner-up's! We had fun watching the big flat screen monitor they had hooked up to the dyno! We had even more fun watching their STS Turbo Titan lay waste to the dyno! That truck sound's amazing!!!

I took about 90-100 picture's, which are uploading now as i type. I will post a link since there are way too many to post on here.

I took 2nd. Place in the Dyno Competition! My '05 KC Titan put down 279HP/379TQ today. Funny thing is that was with my truck in 91map. I was switching map's the other day while i was driving around & completely forgot about it till on my drive home today. DUH! ...oh well, no biggie. The 1st. Place trophy went to 007Titan & his '07 KC Titan w/ 302HP/397TQ! Congrat's bro!!! That goes to show you what VVT actually does for the VK56! He has all the same mod's i do CAI, Header's, Bank's & Up/Rev. Only thing different is the brand of intake & header's, my 2.25" Y to his 3" Y & VVT. I'm going to be scratching my head wondering what my truck would have put down if i would have had it in 93map? I know it wouldn't have beaten his #'s, but it would have been a little higher i believe. (more timing & leaner AFR). I would say having VVT add's 20HP/20TQ w/ an Up/Rev Tune! I will post my dyno graph so it can be used in comparison to his, when he post's it. I looked at them side to side & the TQ curse is way different.

I think that's enough typing... LOL
Hey Gweasel,
what up bro btw I have the same Nismo headers as u. so that is even better to show the diff. in vvt vs. non.vvt(makes it more comparable). And its 007KING not 007titan....Lol But it definitely was an awesome meet and congrats to u Gweasel77 cuz if u had VVT u woulda definitely beat my #s. But what r #'s when u would smoke me on the track! Thanks for all the info/help about the titan. And thanks to Relentless for hosting an Awesome event. Can't wait for the next one. Next stop Old Town :)

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Gweasel,
what up bro btw I have the same Nismo headers as u. so that is even better to show the diff. in vvt vs. non.vvt(makes it more comparable). And its 007KING not 007titan....Lol But it definitely was an awesome meet and congrats to u Gweasel77 cuz if u had VVT u woulda definitely beat my #s. But what r #'s when u would smoke me on the track! Thanks for all the info/help about the titan. And thanks to Relentless for hosting an Awesome event. Can't wait for the next one. Next stop Old Town
Hey, my bad... I switched your name. You've got a strong running Titan! You need to get a re-tune w/ your current mod's & i think you will see an improvement. He's still running his Up/Rev Base Tune! Got to give Jared @ Up/Rev some credit for getting your Base Tune pretty dang close to perfect in one shot! With TruTrac & some traction bar's you'll be running some really good times @ the track to my friend.

Looked like fun, wish I coulda made it, I was fixing my front diff today though. lol
KP, i read your thread about your diff. Man, that suck's! Bad timing for this meet! You'll be @ OT right?

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What were the turbo numbers?
I'm not sure the exact #'s, but i know it put down 355HP & high 400'sTQ on 5lbs of Boost. I got a couple video's of it on the dyno, but i'll have to post them later, they take forever to upload.

Also, they had a professional camera crew there filming everything & doing interview's with the Relentless RPM girl. Those will be posted on the their website. I will let you guy's know when i get the word form Danny that they are up. :)

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
The meet was awesome. I just got back about 10 min ago. Long drive there and back, but worth it. It was good to put a face/name with the screen name. I thought the shirts we were going to get were the Titan Up shirts, but owell it was free. Maybe if I didn't have a long trip back I would've done the dyno. I just know my luck. Overall it was a good time. Looking forward to the next one and OT as well.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sounds like you guys had a good time.....i know the dyno is just a tool but there dyno reads wayyyyyyyyyyy low...both your truck make well over 300hp to the wheels
I think the #'s seem a little low too, but like you said it's just a tool. I know what my truck run's @ the track & that's all that matter's to me. :)

Reactions: WIKEDVK

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hey, my bad... I switched your name. You've got a strong running Titan! You need to get a re-tune w/ your current mod's & i think you will see an improvement. He's still running his Up/Rev Base Tune! Got to give Jared @ Up/Rev some credit for getting your Base Tune pretty dang close to perfect in one shot! With TruTrac & some traction bar's you'll be running some really good times @ the track to my friend.
Thanks again for everything. And the pics came out Awesome Except for me having my eyes closed with Ms. Relentless "Camila" I think I was having one of those Krazy Dreamz about me and her. Lmfao. :eyebrow: I also liked putting some new faces to screen names. I definitely need to get those tunes re-done, y pipes changed out, tru trac, traction bars and all the little mods done. then i'll be pretty good. Now I just need $$$ and time to get it all. lol

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
KP, i read your thread about your diff. Man, that suck's! Bad timing for this meet! You'll be @ OT right?
Oh for sure man, I already got the T up and running, it took us about 4-5 hours but I removed the CVs so I can just run in 2WD for the time being, By OT meet I hope to have the remaining bits of my lift done. :eyebrow:

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good to hear!

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I'm willing to bet that Polaris would have gotten best of show with a fully bed lined Titan.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
This is all i have to say.....

exclusivity

Definition

Contract term in which one party grants another party sole rights with regard to a particular business function.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I did come away with something, a new word.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts