Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about getting remote start for my Titan, just a general system to start it and get it defrosted on cold winter days. What is a decent system and how do you install them?

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I just installed a bulldog remote start last saturday and I am very pleased...especially with the price. I used a club titan member's instructions and didnt have a single problem. Took about 4 hours but it cost less than $100 total. Uses the stock remote (lock 3 times) or the remote included. I have heard shop quotes of $400 plus.

Sean

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Best Buy is running a sale on these remote starts, buy one get one free, and pay one install. I guess if you knew someone who needed it also you could buy it and have it installed for 250 each.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I'm thinking about getting remote start for my Titan, just a general system to start it and get it defrosted on cold winter days. What is a decent system and how do you install them?
Did you ever make a decision and purchase and if so how did it work out?

·
Registered
490 Posts
I just installed a bulldog remote start last saturday and I am very pleased...especially with the price. I used a club titan member's instructions and didnt have a single problem. Took about 4 hours but it cost less than $100 total. Uses the stock remote (lock 3 times) or the remote included. I have heard shop quotes of $400 plus.

Sean
Is it still working well and which BD did you pick up? Also, looking for install guides, who/what did you use on club titan (I am not on that particular forum)?

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Is it still working well and which BD did you pick up? Also, looking for install guides, who/what did you use on club titan (I am not on that particular forum)?
Yes, I use it almost every morning. Its great, especially when you have seat heaters.
I bought the cheapest BD remote start kit (rs82)- amazon has it for about $45. But you will also need the bypass module (get the bulldog one) about $25. You can get everything at autozone also. I use my factory remote to keep my keychain size down. You will need a accessory relay to accomplish this (explained in the linked thread below)

Here is the link to the thread I used. You will have to register to see the pics-click here

Let me know if you have any questions or need help,
Sean

Reactions: jpsst38

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
Isn't there a deal with this remote start that you need to leave a key in the vehicle for it to work?

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
yeah. Thats what the bypass module is for. You can use the Valet key.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Personally, I got a Zenesis system (was a little more expensive) but it has 2 way capabilities and a mile range (true mile, I can start it from my office on the 3rd floor of my building, and I don't park super close to the building)

It has nice stuff like temperature guages for the cab, lock and unlock, start and stop with feedback, and just about anything else you would want on your OEM keychain. Pretty much replaces it (not that I ever had one since I don't have power locks or windows) :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts