Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
When I had my 2017 P4X CC, I ordered this part number 999K1W4002, it came with 2 remotes, new hood latch that had a limit switch for proof of the hood closed and 3 new screws for the latch. I don't see why this wouldn't apply to your truck. It was less than 200.00 and the dealer had to program it, they charged 40.00.

·
Registered
44 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Has anyone tried this one? Installation looks very simple and its plug and play. They have a YouTube demo you can watch.

https://accessorides.com/products/remote-start-for-nissan-titan-2016-2017-plug-play-push-start?variant=14430528536633
Looks decent. I know 12voltsolutions have a plug n play one as well, and it uses your current keyfob. That would be my 2nd option after OEM.
This one does just that. Requires 0 modification and uses your OEM FOB.

·
Registered
44 Posts
When I had my 2017 P4X CC, I ordered this part number 999K1W4002, it came with 2 remotes, new hood latch that had a limit switch for proof of the hood closed and 3 new screws for the latch. I don't see why this wouldn't apply to your truck. It was less than 200.00 and the dealer had to program it, they charged 40.00.
Thanks for that part number. I'll definitely look into it. What kind of vehicle do you have now, if you don't have the P4X any longer?

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I’ll look when I get home, I’m pretty sure it now ends with 7000 in the part number. Some dealers do it free while others want a full hours labor, my tech did all four (old&new) remotes in under 6 minutes.

Clint

·
Registered
44 Posts
I’ll look when I get home, I’m pretty sure it now ends with 7000 in the part number. Some dealers do it free while others want a full hours labor, my tech did all four (old&new) remotes in under 6 minutes.

Clint
That'll be awesome, thanks. 6 minutes!!! wow, I'll definitely do the install myself and bring it to them to link the computer system. Saw some people pay about $40 for them to do that.

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
That'll be awesome, thanks. 6 minutes!!! wow, I'll definitely do the install myself and bring it to them to link the computer system. Saw some people pay about $40 for them to do that.
999K1-W7000 replaces previous numbers ending in 4000 & 4002. I got it for $210 at my dealer which is considered a great price online. I try to keep a loyalty here and get treated well. See if your dealer will match an online price to make the sale, if not they may charge more to program the remotes.

Clint

·
Registered
44 Posts
999K1-W7000 replaces previous numbers ending in 4000 & 4002. I got it for $210 at my dealer which is considered a great price online. I try to keep a loyalty here and get treated well. See if your dealer will match an online price to make the sale, if not they may charge more to program the remotes.

Clint
Thanks for the info and the heads up, Clint. That kit comes with the new latch as well right? How long did it take you to install the remote starter yourself?

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
The only thing you have to do it remove the three bolts holding the latch to the radiator support, I used a box end/open end combo wrench as a socket didn’t fit, a ratcheting box end should work too. When removing the weather sealing cap on the harness I used a long bent top needle nose pliers to reach and grab the cap which helped vey much. If you take a picture before you can reference how the cable goes back into the new latch and how the casing secures just in case anything gives you an issue which it shouldn’t. Just make sure you don’t pinch the harness bolting it back together. That’s all there is to it, a latch, three new bolts (I reused the originals) and the two remotes. My dealer programmed all four together, you can have up to five, some on here said their dealer kept the originals which belong to the owner but obviously only start the car but I wanted all to work. My hands are on the larger size and was a little tight fitting in and spinning the screws to start them so I used a screwdriver to push lightly on it until the wrench got the bolt started.
I’m sure you’ll have no problem.

Clint

·
Registered
44 Posts
The only thing you have to do it remove the three bolts holding the latch to the radiator support, I used a box end/open end combo wrench as a socket didn’t fit, a ratcheting box end should work too. When removing the weather sealing cap on the harness I used a long bent top needle nose pliers to reach and grab the cap which helped vey much. If you take a picture before you can reference how the cable goes back into the new latch and how the casing secures just in case anything gives you an issue which it shouldn’t. Just make sure you don’t pinch the harness bolting it back together. That’s all there is to it, a latch, three new bolts (I reused the originals) and the two remotes. My dealer programmed all four together, you can have up to five, some on here said their dealer kept the originals which belong to the owner but obviously only start the car but I wanted all to work. My hands are on the larger size and was a little tight fitting in and spinning the screws to start them so I used a screwdriver to push lightly on it until the wrench got the bolt started.
I’m sure you’ll have no problem.

Clint
I appreciate the help, Clint...many thanks.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts