Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 SV crew cab. I do not have remote start now. I would like to get the key fob with remote start on it. the price I got for 2 key fobs (one with actual key) was $680 installed at a dealer in NJ. Can 1 key fob be bought (with actual key) and remote start bought and installed by someone easily and then get the key fob programmed by a dealer? any help is much appreciated. this is my first Nissan vehicle. Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
Buy the kit online, watch the YouTube video, read the instructions then install it yourself, have a dealer program the keys. That will save you a ton of money.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have such an easier setup than that and saves a ton of money. You still use the key gob you just have to press the lock button 3 times and it starts. No programming of anything, you install it under the steering column area with just taking a plug that is in out, plugging it into the T harness and then plug it all back up. Takes 15 minutes. Start-X remote starter $135.00, look them up on the web

·
Registered
334 Posts
Two key fobs are included with the Nissan kit for @$200 after the discount. Just go to the dealer for the programming. The OE system works well.

·
Premium Member
3,422 Posts
I paid $205 at the parts dept, if consists of two fobs and a new hood latch with a safety interlock. I took it in to be programmed and works perfectly. It depends on the dealership, mine charged me $50 done in about ten minutes while others charge one hour of labor. Some have had the dealer do it for free if they have a kind dealer and they are known there. I prefer to use a factory fob.

Clint

·
Premium Member
3,422 Posts
Using a temperature sensor it knows whether to heat or cool. I’m very happy I installed it.

Clint

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ouch! $650! Are they f**king crazy!?!?
My dealer installed mine for cost at $275 with 2 FOB’s (no labor because I bought a brand new truck), took them 90mins to install...
If I were you I’d give them hell about that price; just disrespectful IMO!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts