Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Titan it’s all manual not power windows, no power locks can I install a remote start?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Manual transmissions are the only ones you can’t but we don’t have to worry about that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
58 Posts
My 05 came with crimestopper coolstart installed. Works 1/2 the time. Can't say I'd recommend it. Plus has high draw in battery. In 2 weeks, battery will die if I don't run it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
141 Posts
I use the Accessorides (actually think it's code alarm) remote start. It's been pretty good and SUPER easy to install, barely an inconvenience. Had it in my Frontier and now in my Titan.

·
Registered
81 Posts
It IS possible to install remote start on a vehicle with manual trans, but not recommended. A friend had one installed on his old tacoma years ago.
The remote start would not function unless the trans was in N, and Ebrake applied.

·
Registered
719 Posts
It IS possible to install remote start on a vehicle with manual trans, but not recommended. A friend had one installed on his old tacoma years ago.
The remote start would not function unless the trans was in N, and Ebrake applied.
I recall reading on the BMW board a guy who installed a remote start in his 6MT but did not do those safety precautions.

One day he forgot and left it in first gear and it rammed the other car in his driveway when he remote started it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I also have the Viper remote and it works well.
You can buy them and get them installed at BestBuy.
They have really good range. My only issue is if I have the keys in my pants pocket and bend over, it always seems a stray key will push onto the remote start button.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I also have the Viper remote and it works well.
You can buy them and get them installed at BestBuy.
They have really good range. My only issue is if I have the keys in my pants pocket and bend over, it always seems a stray key will push onto the remote start button.
I work for geek squad at Best Buy and I had my guys install the remote start. They said it was nice and easy on the Titans. I obviously also recommend Best Buy

·
Registered
5 Posts
There are all kinds way to numerous to put down here. My 2012 has a Automate AM6.2 and it works great not sure that model is available anymore but I’ll swear by Automate

There are all kinds way to numerous to put down here. My 2012 has a Automate AM6.2 and it works great not sure that model is available anymore but I’ll swear by Automate

My a
I have a 2006 Titan it’s all manual not power windows, no power locks can I install a remote start?
My automate was installed in 2006 and have never had a issue.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts