Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i bought my truck used with a viper remote starter come to find out this morning the truck didnt start via remote so i go in and try and crank it nothing i have a new battery and alternator any one have any ideas i checked all fuses, ecm works and ran consult 2 no dtc's or any codes. im at a standstill.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
could be a bad starter

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Won't crank gauges move and hear relays click.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Could have something to do with the mechanism that reads the chip in the ignition key

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
Won't crank gauges move and hear relays click.
I know you said the battery was good, but have it checked and check your connections.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
trucks at nissan i tried hooking it up to the battery tester today but it was too cold im hoping when i go in tomorrow that the battery will be able to be tested. and all connections are tight no signs of corrosion or bad wires.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So got the manifold off today and what a pain that was I pulled the starter out and what a bad location for it. I did a bench test on it after hitting the starter to my surprise a clump of dried mud fell out from the last trip To Rausch creek. Starters and alternators don't mix well with mud. My starter is on back order should be here Friday. Thank god for extended warranty.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

starter is in the middle towards the back

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have been having trouble to what mine does is sounds like it is trying to crank over but doesnt have enough juice. The starter doesnt grind it sounds like its cranking back and fourth but still sounds ugly.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
how many miles do you have on the titan, how old is the battery, and if you have a dmm, digital multi meter you can check the fuse to see how much power is being sent through to the starter.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have about 30000 miles and the battery is stock at 08.5 production year. I dont have a DMM I might take it to the battery shop theyll test it for free.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's your best bet stock Nissan battery's tend to fail quick well at least in my area.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts