Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can the nissan emblem on the black plastic piece of tailgate be removed or will I be left with holes.

·
Registered
268 Posts
There are holes behind the emblem so yes. I painted mine black so it doesn't stand out so much

·
Registered
220 Posts
how is it taken off??

·
Super Moderator
160,766 Posts
gucciotc said:
how is it taken off??
It's on with double sided 3M style tape.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
I just went to the hardware store and bought 2 black blanking plugs. It looks okay. I will paint the panel some day, but for now it looks fine.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Carbeaux said:
It's on with double sided 3M style tape.
oh the front and back are held on w/ tape?? then why does the back one have holes?? :rollingey weird

thanks

~J

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
gucciotc said:
oh the front and back are held on w/ tape?? then why does the back one have holes?? :rollingey weird

thanks

~J
Locating pins....

·
Registered
680 Posts
I'm not trying to hijack thisd tread, but what is the best way to remove pin striping?

·
Registered
147 Posts
all torque said:
I'm not trying to hijack thisd tread, but what is the best way to remove pin striping?
you're done... :jester:

and does anyone else have pictures of their tailgate with this done besides the one i saw was i believe mopar... any pics?!!

·
Registered
268 Posts
jEzTeR said:
Who has taken the 5.6SE or LE off the back as well?

Are there hole there also?
Nope just double sided tape and there are no holes. This is how to remove them: Blow dryer to heat the tape up, credit card or fishing line, goof off to remove the glue from the tape and some wax or clay bar to clean it up when you are done

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply! I have de-badged many cars in the past, just wanted to see if there were hole first.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Titan5683 said:
Nope just double sided tape and there are no holes. This is how to remove them: Blow dryer to heat the tape up, credit card or fishing line, goof off to remove the glue from the tape and some wax or clay bar to clean it up when you are done

OMG what a mess i started to do this about 1 hr ago, lol and only got 1 letter "N" fully removed from my driver side door, the emblem came off immediatly but the black tar wouldnt, even with some adhesive remover all it did was smudge one way then smudge the other.. if this is going to take like 6 hrs per door i think im going to put back on the letter and say forget it..
yea the emblems have been on my truck nearly 3 yrs maybe mine justn going to be a royal pain in the a$$ i dunno..

would acetone be better to get off the gooey mess?? i dont think it'd harm the paint and i know it's a lot stronger then some goof off

·
Registered
789 Posts
Toomnymods said:
OMG what a mess i started to do this about 1 hr ago, lol and only got 1 letter "N" fully removed from my driver side door, the emblem came off immediatly but the black tar wouldnt, even with some adhesive remover all it did was smudge one way then smudge the other.. if this is going to take like 6 hrs per door i think im going to put back on the letter and say forget it..
yea the emblems have been on my truck nearly 3 yrs maybe mine justn going to be a royal pain in the a$$ i dunno..

would acetone be better to get off the gooey mess?? i dont think it'd harm the paint and i know it's a lot stronger then some goof off
we remove emblems when we do full car wraps. the best way is to first cut them off with fishing line. then heat up the black goo with a heat gun - careful not too much or else you'll fry the paint - and use a plastic squeege - to scoop up the hot goo before it cools and gets hard again. the stuff they use is almost like a hot glue so when it is heated it becomes pliable. then use some adhesive remover that you can find at your local sign shop distributor. The stuff is citrus based and will not eat the paint but will break down the goo. It called RAPID REMOVER - you dab it on and let it sit a few minutes then scrape it with a plastic squeege.

Then if you're not going to wrap it like we do just buff it with a wax so it matches the rest of the truck.

Hope that helps you get that job done.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Derwud said:
Locating pins....
I think I saw you on the 405 a couple weeks ago. Or maybe it was another titan with plugs back there :p

I like the look of a flat black emblem myself. When I get motivated I'm going to do mine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts