Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i thought i would share what i found out today. Ok good and bad news. when i went down to nissan to have my timing advance done the tech that did the work was really cool and he asked me, hey what year is this because i can bypass the half throttle in your truck and my eyes lit up like a christmas tree however when i told him it was an 07 he said he could not do it. he showed me in the office on a computer that he can reprogram 04-05 titan ecu's with an armada program and he has done it. when he showed me this on the computer it only shows 04-05 armada and titan reprogram options, nothing for 06-up he said he has tried to get into the 06-up ecu and try to download the 04-05 reprogram but the ecu will not let him in and communicate with the newer trucks. he said hopefully he will get an update for the software but for now i can still only get osiris doh! :cheers:

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yourpapi said:
man let us know when its available for the 07 titans!!!!!! and how much will he charge???
somehow i think that if they dont have an update for the 06-up by now i dont think they will get one, the ecu may not be rewritable at nissan atleast with the program they have now.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Do you go up to a service writer and ask for the advance and re-write, or just find a tech. I have an 04 and would love to get this done but dont know who to approach about it...

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i work at an acura dealership in parts and always talk to the parts guys at nissan, so i asked him if he knew any tech's that were cool and he told me talk to this person, he put the tech on the phone and said through service it would be $100.00 for the advance but he would do it for $40.00 green cash, and while he was doing the advance thats when he asked me what year titan i had and told me of the reprogram.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Can this be done by any techs at the dealer? So pretty much we don't need Uprev to eliminate the half throttle?

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
besides the WOT throttle thing are there any other significant changes between the Titan files and the Armada files?
That's the 64 thousand dollar question...I wonder how that works with my VDC...

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
I hope this is correct...

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
hmmm, we here in the socal have a tech working on that. i'll have to ask him about this again. he had mentioned it before but never really followed up on it but i'm not sure there was too much success.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
oooh I want this mod! If the dealer does it then no warrenty issues! I will have to check with my service guy, he's cool.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I live in southern california, my buddy here at work has an 04 le cc 2wd and when he gets up some money we are going to take his truck down to nissan and have the tech upload the armada program because i really want to see if it really does work, i want to see it with my own eyes.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Thank you for your efforts!!

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
GR8WHITE said:
I live in southern california, my buddy here at work has an 04 le cc 2wd and when he gets up some money we are going to take his truck down to nissan and have the tech upload the armada program because i really want to see if it really does work, i want to see it with my own eyes.

did you find out if this is something that that dealer did or is it infact a Nissan available software upgrade that any dealer can do?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I believe all the dealers have this program because it was a factory program but this tech that i talked to was just messing around and told me he decided to try and upload the armada program into a titan because of the throttle issue and he said it works, he said its great cause it just smokes the tires and takes off.:cheers:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts