Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
remove utilitracs for "Undercover" installation vs. get the optional mount adapters??

Hey all, I found what seems like a great deal on a used undercover for my Titan, could not stomach the cost of a new one since later this Summer I may need to switch to a camper top but for this slightly used deal it is worth giving it a try...so now I gotta figure out what to do...

I am supposed to go get the thing a few hours from my house tomorrow, but the original owner did not have the optional mounting adapters or hardware, so told me I would have to remove the tracs to come pick it up. Since I don't have any accessories at this point anyway, I just planned on removing them. Now I have several of the stupid bolts out and have several that will just not come out from being completely stuck or the star-heads seem to be rounded out enough to not get a good bite. Whey they used those goofy star bolts is a complete mystery, give me a hex head everytime!!!

So, I gotta get the darn things out (any suggestion) or put the other bolts back in and get the adapters, but are they available locally anywhere or have to come from undercover?? Supposed to go tomorrow, so feeling a little stress at this point, thanks if anyone can help.

Geoff.

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
Re: remove utilitracs for "Undercover" installation vs. get the optional mount adapte

Use Heat on the bolts to soften the LocTite. A blow dryer will work.

I have mounted Covers by Riveting the Railings to the Bed, instead of the typical bulky brackets most use. Consider Riveting a a possible option. Utilitrack can stay then.

The Cover may fit edgewise and across the corners of your bed, just to get it home.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts