Nissan Titan Forum banner

Removed my sway bar tonight

2K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  AgTitan06 
#1 ·
Well, I removed the entire swaybar assembly today (only 6 bolts 17mm), and so far I'm pretty impressed with how it handles. With my Radflo 2.0's, I don't notice much body roll at all. I even went in some u-turn underpasses and kept up my speed, and while I noticed a difference in handling, it was a good difference in handling. The body roll was minimal because of the coilovers. This "mod" is not recommended unless you have aftermarket coilovers because your springs are whats keeping the truck from having a lot of body roll, and the stock springs are very weak. Little swaybar was a heavy little sucker. Felt like at least 20 pounds. If you're lifted with coilovers, and are on the fence about doing this mod, I'd recommend it. The truck takes bumps and rough roads even better now.

#3 ·
i've been thinking about doing this as well...got any pics of before/after/during the 'install' of this 'mod'??

#5 ·
When I did it and talked with people about it everyone warned me that if I was in an accident insurance could deny my claim saying I took off an important safety feature causing me to loose control. What do you guy think about that, could they or if you hit someone could they sue you for driving with an "unsafely modified truck"?

#6 ·
hey ag, do you have to jack the truck up to do this, or can you do it with the tires on the ground??

#8 ·
AgTitan06 said:
You can do it with the tires on the ground. No jacking needed.

sweet, i just might go do this sometime today....little xmas present for my titan....:teethmast

#9 ·
i just went out there and crawled under the truck and it looks like you have to take the skidplate off in order to get access to the four bolts closest to the middle of the truck....is this what you had to do ag, or am i missing something?

#10 ·
newguy said:
When I did it and talked with people about it everyone warned me that if I was in an accident insurance could deny my claim saying I took off an important safety feature causing me to loose control. What do you guy think about that, could they or if you hit someone could they sue you for driving with an "unsafely modified truck"?
then i would say "it must of came off in the crash" lol. In that situation you would just play dumb. "what is a sway bar look like" lol. I took mine off and im lowered. Drives fine. A little more roll but better wight distribution to the rear tires

#11 ·
06_SMOKE_SE_CC said:
i just went out there and crawled under the truck and it looks like you have to take the skidplate off in order to get access to the four bolts closest to the middle of the truck....is this what you had to do ag, or am i missing something?
ya, it makes it easier to do. So add the four more bolts on the skidplate..

#12 ·
Your truck is entirely too clean!

#13 ·
I'm replacing my sway bar with a STILLEN one and could i remove the stocker with the wheels on the ground or should i jack it up to remove some preload? BTW, Does anyone know the size of the stock sway bar? I wanna replace with poly urethane. THanks!

#14 ·
I did the opposite, instead of removing i installed the Stillen bar. Easy install and i didn't have to take the wheels off the ground. Handles Great!! Even with the 35's

#16 ·
I've been running no sway bar for 10k now. Handles ok, definitely allows better articulation, but I've decided to put the sway bar back on since I mostly drive on the road and I prefer a little less body roll. Just personal preference.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.