Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i am in the process of removing and replacing my radiator.. i am trying to take the fan off and every time i try and undo one of the 4 bolts the whole pulley turns.
what am i doing wrong? any suggestions?

please help. my truck is not functional until i can get the fan off to pull the old one and put the new one back in.

thanks
russell

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
Use a screwdriver with a flat shank.
Lock the pulley by jamming the screwdriver between 2 of the bolts you are not trying to take off, and the pulley shaft.
I could show you easier than I can explain it.

Basically, you use the force of one of your hands against the other.
One holds the wrench. One holds the screwdriver that is locking the rotational force.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i get to keep trying tomorrow morning.. we had some bad weather roll through a few hours ago so it knocked me off the project for the night... thanks for the tip. will def try in the morning

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
I usually brake those bolts loose BEFORE I remove the belt....

·
Registered
563 Posts
I usually brake those bolts loose BEFORE I remove the belt....
I just replaced my radiator yesterday and kept the belt on and while removing the 4 fan bolts i still spun the pulley on the belt.... Screwdriver worked perfect for me for holding the fan in place.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i finished my radiator install yesterday morning.. ended up not taking the fan off... could not get the bolts to break lose... oh well job complete..

·
Premium Member
15,660 Posts
i took mine off with no issues. just held the fan blade while i turned the nuts. i didnt take the belt off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts