Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about the remove a leaf (the second from bottom, correct me if that is the wrong one) to give my truck a leveled look. But I still want to haul 16' trailer with about 2000 lbs on it. What do you guys suggest. I have seen many different ideas, air shocks, air bags, helper springs. What do you guys think. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Well, I remove the factory overload leaf on every truck I've owned, but I don't freak when it (the rear of the truck)drops from lots of weight in the bed...The only height you'll lose from removing the overload leaf is the thickness of the leaf itself, but you'll improve the off-road ride...

Why don't you get a set of PRG's longer shackles, that will give you a .750" drop and replace the wimpy factory ones...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I currently have 2" drop shackles which in all reality is about a inch. I was told that if removing a leaf you would want to have the stock shackles in, because of it being past the level look.

You mentioned removing the bottom load spring. What have you guys removed, the bottom or next to the bottom. Which do you prefer???

Thanks

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
I currently have 2" drop shackles which in all reality is about a inch. I was told that if removing a leaf you would want to have the stock shackles in, because of it being past the level look.

You mentioned removing the bottom load spring. What have you guys removed, the bottom or next to the bottom. Which do you prefer???
As already stated, removing the bottom overload only drops the rear the thickness of the leaf, but won't effect the payload until it's loaded up quit a bit. Removing the one above will drop the rear more because it's always being used. but I don't know how much drop you'll get...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts