Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting an 08 se cc titan and I am going to remove the reciever hitch from my 05, but I can't remember which relays that I installed to remove. I thought it was the two bigger brown and white ones, but I also have a smaller blue and white one. Does that one stay? Does the 08 require the same relays as the 05? What is the torgue spec on the reciever hitch bolts? Is the 08 prewired for trailer lights like my 05 was? Is the 08 prewired under the dash for the brake controller non big tow? Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,721 Posts
A new Nissan hitch is only a couple of hundred dollars and will be as new as the truck. Why use the old one? My hitch after three years was starting to get rusty and ugly looking. Just my $.02.
This way if there are any new changes to the 2008 you won't get a surprise by it.

Clint

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not buying a new hitch when mine still looks brand new. It's only a year or so old. Could someone please tell me which relays to remove I am trading it in this week.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Finally found the instructions online and looks like I need to remove the blue and front brown relay. What does the back brown relay control? I removed this one also. should I put the back brown one back in and if so are both of the brown relays the same. thanks

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anyone? Only have one more day before it goes to the dealer. Just don't want to cause problems for the next owner.

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
I only remember installing two relays when I added my hitch. The underside of the cover shows what each one is for.

·
Premium Member
4,721 Posts
blizzardtitan said:
Finally found the instructions online and looks like I need to remove the blue and front brown relay. What does the back brown relay control? I removed this one also. should I put the back brown one back in and if so are both of the brown relays the same. thanks
I'm not sure if both brown relays are the same but I would imagine they are and the color must be a designation as to its value. If there are only two relays associated with the use of a hitch, why would you remove three and even consider not putting the front brown one back? It obviously has a function or Nissan would have left it out like they did the other two. Also before removing the hitch did you make certain it would still fit on the 08? They could have made a small change and then you couldn't reuse the one you took off.

Clint

·
Registered
31 Posts
blizzardtitan said:
I am getting an 08 se cc titan and I am going to remove the reciever hitch from my 05, but I can't remember which relays that I installed to remove. I thought it was the two bigger brown and white ones, but I also have a smaller blue and white one. Does that one stay? Does the 08 require the same relays as the 05? What is the torgue spec on the reciever hitch bolts? Is the 08 prewired for trailer lights like my 05 was? Is the 08 prewired under the dash for the brake controller non big tow? Thanks
I installed the OEM hitch on my '07 SE CC about a month ago, and it required 3 relays (1 brown, 2 blue). I did a little research on this and found that earlier models required only 2 relays, and if I remember correctly, the 3 relay requirement began w/the '07 model. So sounds like you will have to buy an additional relay (a blue one) when you put the hitch on your '08.

EDIT: I think the torque spec was 101ft/lbs

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
1bigredtitan said:
EDIT: I think the torque spec was 101ft/lbs

because 100ft/lbs just isn't enough!! LOL:D

·
Registered
31 Posts
54warrior said:
because 100ft/lbs just isn't enough!! LOL:D
LOL. Yeah, that's what I thought too when I saw it. Oddly enough, my torque wrench doesn't have a setting for 101ft/lbs. I guess you just have to set it to 100ft/lbs and really mean it! :)

·
Registered
220 Posts
anyone have pics where the relays are?? i put the adapter on my truck to make the 7 down to a 4pin but only the parking lights will work. does that mean i need relays?? I have an 07 SE CC, the dealer wants 25 each for them. is there anyplace to get them cheaper???

1 - 12 of 12 Posts