Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got an Armada now not a Titan BUT theyre pretty similar SO Im wondering... I installed the Gibson side swept exhaust with the Y Pipe back but right after the Y Pipe there is a Reso and then from there it goes to the muffler and then out the back...

What will be the difference without the reso? Will I get more sound if I remove it and replace with a straight pipe? What is its purpose? Just to deaden the sound a lil more?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Resonators are generally used to "tune" the note(s) of the exhaust. They may/probably will make it louder when removed, but the note or consequental drone may be displeasing. Also, some have said that removing the res'(s) give it a "popping" or raspy sound that is displeasing at WOT above a certain rpm's. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
If you still had your Titan you would of had about 10 responses about now. Now you are a mada owner and get the silence.:cheers:

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well...I took it the muffler shop and they said to not even waste my time or money... removing the reso would not do anything noticeable in the Gibson system....

Ill prolly end up doind a muffler swap...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts