Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a friend of mine that works at the nissan dealership here in texas, and he said he could take the top speed limiter on my truck, he also said that it wouldnt be more that 200 bucks what do ya'll think.
and i know what some of ya'll are thinking, if i want speed i should have gotten a car, but what the heck i wanna see what this truck can do, also i know that the top speed limiter is there because thats what the tires are rated at so im gonna get some new tires so i dont kill myself.

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
what does it shut off at, only got mine to 100 and it didn't shut off yet.

·
Banned
256 Posts
do you guys remember the mid 90's Ford pickup it would cut off at around 90 mph

·
Registered
13 Posts
I would really like to know if this is possible. I am in Germany and my truck tops out at 111 on the autobahn and cruise can not be set above 90. This really sucks as the truck is still pulling strong at that point. It is really the cruise that bothers me more because I would like to cruise at about 100 on long trips. Let me know what you find out.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
ya mine stops at 114 and that is not enough i was racing a crew cab f150 and i barly beat it and it was because of that stupid limiter and i also raced a late model z-28 and believe it or not i was ahead and he barly creeped upon me until i hit the limiter andthen he shot by if i didnt have this limiter i strongly believe that i could have kept up with this car.
also this guy is a good friend of mine he wont take me for any money.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i was surprized that the ford kept up for that long i was ahead all three time and he kept up till i hit about 95 then he started to drop back.

·
Registered
28 Posts
One of the limitations for top speed is the driveshaft. You better make sure your driveshaft will not hand grenade if you try to do 135.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Well, if your friend can indeed have this done at his dealer (not convinced, though) it would probably only be a 5 minute job with the Consult II....so $200 is more than just a little high. Maybe he's getting a little kick-back....know what I mean. :teethmast

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Let us know how it turns out!

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
smokespeedtitan said:
i also raced a late model z-28 and believe it or not i was ahead and he barly creeped upon me ................ My wifes mostly stock '98 Z-28 put a very embarrassing STOMPING on my sweet little Titan and she had her fata$$ mother and two teenage boys in the car with her. Thats a good extra 650lbs. of dead weight. Heck, I even cheated off the line before our light turned green by at least a second and by the time I hit about 80mph, they were about 10 car lenghts ahead. Now she calls my sweet Titan "the Beeaatch truck".

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
it looked and sounded like the camero was racing me but i could be wrong im just saying what happened, im not an idiot i know there is no way a titan can keep up with a v8 camero i said i was ahead and it was strange because the car was barly catching up so i stand corrected.

·
Banned
256 Posts
yeah you "FRIEND" isnt a FRIEND at all if he is even charging you for a simple job like this
screw him!
get a stranger to do it for $50

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yall are getting the wrong idea when i said he would do it for 200 dollars i ment when i asked him if it would be under 200 dollars he said ya.

·
Banned
256 Posts
ohh ...ok well that is different then...

$199 isnt even in the same ballpark ~

he is a good friend then (sarcasm)

lol

·
Banned
31 Posts
If that speed limiter(governor) is removed or disabled, any warranty will be null & void!! If you damage or blow that motor, Nissan won't fix it!

Ford put governors on their Mach 1s back in the early 70s(Still do) and people were blowing the engines, taking the cars back expecting Ford to fix them and Ford said no way cause the governors were removed!!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts