Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Don't do it man, the Titan feels real light at 114. I would NOT want to go faster than that. You need some aerodynamic downforce to go faster than the limiter.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I agree with Brons. These trucks have too much air up under them at 110+. Mine feels like it is floating. There is no doubt the Titan can go faster, just not safely. That is why the Lightning is so close to the ground and the bottom air dam is really close to the ground. Less air under the truck and more downforce lets the truck stick to the road at 100+ MAybe Nissan will produce a Nismo Titan which is lowered and has more air dam on the front then get ready 140 + :gunz: Your everyday Titan is a truck, not a race car so stay at 112-114:hat:

·
Registered
52 Posts
That is odd, I have had mine at 125. I will agree though that it starts to feel real light after 100. My GPS also recorded the speed for me, for a while I was showing the guys at the department, everyone was surprised that the rice burner (as they call it) could run that fast.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I DO have a Z-28 too and you can check it in my photo gallery- like 2 weeks ago i raced with one of my friend,s who got 2005 titan with super charger on it at the first gears he could come with me because i had no traction and i was making wheel all the way but when i changed to secound i start pulling from him and i think untill 100 Mph i was like 3 pillars front LoooooooooooooooooooL

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
Cars and Trucks can fly with almost no warning at the slightest wrong twitch of the drivers hand (watch NASCAR). Also consider our tires are not usually rated for above 110. Let one tire blow out at 125 and see what happens.............

I'll stick with the thrill of torque, power and acceleration, but not top speed. Family still likes to see me.....

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
Killer Titan said:
I DO have a Z-28 too and you can check it in my photo gallery- like 2 weeks ago i raced with one of my friend,s who got 2005 titan with super charger on it at the first gears he could come with me because i had no traction and i was making wheel all the way but when i changed to secound i start pulling from him and i think untill 100 Mph i was like 3 pillars front LoooooooooooooooooooL
why are we pulling out old threads from the dark ages? lol

·
Premium Member
92,377 Posts
I'm noticing the same thing. It's just the new members going through the threads and posting in what they deem appropriate. We who have been on here for some time know what we've already seen and don't care to revisit it, but to the new guys, it's ALL new. We just need to be patient and let them catch up. There'll always be new members looking at old threads. Just use your own judgement regarding to which ones you respond. We all have different tastes, but I for one enjoy going through some that have bits of wisdom from Mr. B or some of the more twistedly eloquent among us. :cheers:

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Ford put governors on their Mach 1s back in the early 70s(Still do)
What did they use for a limiter?

I don't believe that the Consult II can undo the speed limiter, other then MAYBE only when it's hooked up to the truck for diagnostics...
Everyone is right about the truck getting light in the front end, the tires being max out for speed rating........

But man I've had mine to about 105 mph and it's still pulling strong, part of me's dying to find out what she'll really run if allowed to!!

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
loufish said:
What did they use for a limiter?

I don't believe that the Consult II can undo the speed limiter, other then MAYBE only when it's hooked up to the truck for diagnostics...
Everyone is right about the truck getting light in the front end, the tires being max out for speed rating........

But man I've had mine to about 105 mph and it's still pulling strong, part of me's dying to find out what she'll really run if allowed to!!
It's the dying we're trying to avoid.:jester:

Maybe one of us can sneek into the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series someday with a S/C and Tuner and big tires and then we'll know! If Toyota can do it, Nissan can do it better.

Mr B. You're one cool dude, love that avatar:)

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Just need to lower the Titan about 2 inches, add a small sway bar to the rear, go with a bigger bar up front, DR shocks all the way around, and a set of good hi=speed rated tires on the factory 18" wheels...And head out to Nevada for the Silver State Classic.

90 mile of closed public road and let her rip!

http://www.silverstateclassic.com/

The "slow" class is 90-125 mph...:gunz:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Whoever said they beat a late-model Z28 is full of crap. What is wrong with people nowadays?

SomeDude said:
If that speed limiter(governor) is removed or disabled, any warranty will be null & void!! If you damage or blow that motor, Nissan won't fix it!
Wrong. Quit making stuff up.

Andrew

·
Registered
1 Posts
Don't do it man, the Titan feels real light at 114. I would NOT want to go faster than that. You need some aerodynamic downforce to go faster than the limiter.
Gents,

Same engine as the Titan is the NV2500 2016. My top speed limit is 75, that’s right 75 miles per hour. This van should have been sold to a fleet but I ended up with it. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been run over by kids in tricycles! It’s sad. What do I need to do to get rid of the speed limit ?

·
Registered
31 Posts
You better make sure your driveshaft will not hand grenade if you try to do 135.
I second this.. I removed the speed limiter with a tune on my last truck (2014 Ram) and the driveshaft exploded just over 130 while making a top speed run over the bridge. Had a horrible experience with the dealership to get it replaced under warranty and I never felt comfortable in the truck again after that.

Trucks aren't meant to run 100+ plain and simple.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts