Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my titan not knowing there was a hole in the dash where the speaker goes. It is called the finisher cluster lid. Its the piece that goes around the faceplate where the HU is located. I cant figure out how to get the piece off, can someone please help. All help is greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
Yeah thats what I was thinking. Do you happen to know how to get that whole piece off?
You need to take the center console lid off and the two lower panel.
It's all held in by clips, just have to yank it out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I bought my titan not knowing there was a hole in the dash where the speaker goes. It is called the finisher cluster lid. Its the piece that goes around the faceplate where the HU is located. I cant figure out how to get the piece off, can someone please help. All help is greatly appreciated.
Hey Chuggins,

I'm in the same boat with ya. Mine looks slightly different, but same piece different year I'm guessing. Where did you order your new finisher cluster lid at? Hopefully someone can chime in with pics/instructions as I haven't done much in the dash area.

Bake

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ive got a buddy at a nissan dealership that got me a good price, but i got it this morning, so the plan is to install it when i get my new HU in the near future, so I can do it all at once.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got it installed. Was a lot easier than I thought it was going to be, prolly took about 30 mins. Oh and baseball, those pics were fine, just was looking for actual pics where someone did it step by step. But it's all good man

·
Registered
117 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, what's that center trim cost via the "good friends" discount?

I've got one that will come out when I do my Nexus 7 (2013) Nav install and would like to know if it's worthwhile to keep or not.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Any idea how these break? Mine isn't broken out as much as yours chuggins, but still is quite unsightly. I guess my question would be is this just a high stress area on the dash? If I get a new one, it's cold and I hit a bump/pothole I wonder if it'd just crack again and continue to until it looks the same again. Not important, but I was curious what ya thought!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm not sure why they crack, I'm not sure if the speaker is causing too much stress or what, but I have a 98 Dodge Ram before my titan and talk about a ****ty dash, the dodges suck

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
Any idea how these break? Mine isn't broken out as much as yours chuggins, but still is quite unsightly. I guess my question would be is this just a high stress area on the dash? If I get a new one, it's cold and I hit a bump/pothole I wonder if it'd just crack again and continue to until it looks the same again. Not important, but I was curious what ya thought!
Cheap plastic plus the sun beating down on it.

☞Sent from here☜

·
Registered
35 Posts
In a couple weeks I will have a Almond color center bezel for sale from my 09 LE. I am adding Nav and waiting for my new bezel to come in.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts